The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Purchasing Silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
I'm looking for some inexpensive, good quality (may be a contradiction of terms) 6" silks for a production routine using a small box (A 4 inch cube. I need 9-12 silks for the routine.

Also, what is the best way to keep the silks compressed to load them that also has a quick release to produce the them? Thanks
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Barry's magic shop in Md has a good selection of inexpensive decent quality silks. Check out his web sight, give him a call and I'm sure he'll be happy to give you advice on loading the silks as well.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Leftytheclown,

A little item that we frequently overlook in using 12" square silks is that a streamer 4" x 36" takes the same space but looks much larger than a 12" square silk. They cost a little more than a square silk but you can get them to match the square silks too! (In this size you hit the point at which the hem costs more than the silk.) In tall cylinders, you'll find that streamers are easier than squares to control as you produce them. It gives you more time for applause!

Give it a shot!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Purchasing Silks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL