The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Memorising numbers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
The backwards and forwards alphabet feat is called "TAELPBAH" and is found in "Mathematical Wizardry".
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8429 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Right. Except that the title is: TAELBPAH. See if you can figure out why that's important. Hint: tAeLbPaH.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
When I do kids shows I get a good reaction from the parents by doing the alphabet backwards. The kids just look at me and tell me I've got it wrong. You can't win.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2009-05-22 20:43, Harry Lorayne wrote:
You may even find a method for learning to "do" the alphabet backwards and forwaqrds AT THE SAME TIME instantly - in one of my books. I also sure would like to see how you would remember, say, a 30-digit number, or a 50-digit number, or pi to the 5000th place - yes, I said 5000th - as some of my students do) by remembering them "as simply numbers." I'd love to learn that. HL.

Hello Mr. Lorayne.I am a big fan.However,I did learn the Alphabet...forwards and backwards at the same time on my own. Smile
In fact,one of my routines invloves completing a MS on a see through dry erase board in mirror image[the guests of course see the #'s correctly]...while at the same time reciting the alphabet forwards and backwards
at the same time.[multi-tasking]I do this as part of my 'train your brain' premise.[especially geared toward modern day videophiles...or as I like to call them 'vidiots' Smile].
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2009-05-23 21:55, TonyB2009 wrote:
When I do kids shows I get a good reaction from the parents by doing the alphabet backwards. The kids just look at me and tell me I've got it wrong. You can't win.
Tony...

I PM'ed you.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2009-05-23 17:32, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Right. Except that the title is: TAELBPAH. See if you can figure out why that's important. Hint: tAeLbPaH.

Yes we might as well use the same criteria for the word ALPHABET as we do for the entire alphabet 'forwards and backwards at the same time'...'IN ORDER'. Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11992 Posts

Profile of John C
I leave 11 14 5 A on it's own then it's

4 BEFORE 10:15 or (4 B 10 15)

C IT'S 7 MINUTES TILL 12:09 OR (C 7 12 9)

13 EIGHTY6 OR (13 8 D 6)

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Hello all Magic Square aficianado's.

I am going to open a new thread at the 'Inner Thoughts' forum.I will provide a link to a great BD magic square. It is 'easy peasy' to do, and much too good to relegate to an open forum.

If you do not already know this check it out.

Rich
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Memorising numbers (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL