The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Question about copper coin. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

illushade
View Profile
New user
China
67 Posts

Profile of illushade
I always think copper coin in cs routine is an British 2p coin. Now I m in London, I find 2p coin is much samller than the half dollar. Can you guys tell me what kind of copper coin should I use in the cs routine if I want to use a half dollar.By the way what dose the gimmick's copper side looks like?
THX
Magic is my life. My life is magic.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
The copper coin used with a half is an old 'one penny' coin.
The profile of Queen Elizabeth II is on the copper side of my gaff.
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
Try one of the street flea market or antique fairs. They are usually held on Sat. & or Sunday. While it has been a number of years since I was there, I picked up a ton of them & the price then was five for a $1.00. To them it is junk, to magicians, it is a great find.
illushade
View Profile
New user
China
67 Posts

Profile of illushade
Thank you guys .
Unfortunately, I m now in london. -_-
But I will try to find some antique shop here.
Malcolm Kavalsky
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Malcolm Kavalsky
Goto Davenport's Magic Shop at Charing cross tube station. They sell these coins cheap.
Checkout the Bobo Project at:
http://kavalsky.net:3834/OpenBobo/
Clip index at:
http://planet.nana.co.il/openbobo/
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
THX, I was speaking about the flea markets & antique fairs in London. Since you are there, go to one.
illushade
View Profile
New user
China
67 Posts

Profile of illushade
That's cool. I m now live in egham. Its kind of hard for me to go to the centre of London. But I m sure I will got to davenport's magic shop as soon as I got time .
Cheers mates
Backdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Bismark, ND
117 Posts

Profile of Backdoor
Jaz my man, that's a great pic of you here. Oh and to all out there, check out his magic art work on his website ( http://www.mykard.com/jaz/ ), very cool stuff.

But to stay on topic here, just wondering why magic shops here in the states charge so much for these English Pennies. $3-5 bucks sometimes for a single coin, ridiculous! Best to find you a buddy in jolly ol' England that can get you a bag full of these "junk" coins for practically nothing from a flea market or such, and pay the guy the postage and handling to send it to you here. Make your money back if you must by re-selling them way below the market here, or better yet give'm away to magicians that ask and need them as a good deed. The most an English Penny should be is 50cents or a buck maybe. They are not rare coins and magic shops here or anywhere should be ashamed to sell them to their loyal customers for such trumped-up prices.
-Only The Shadow Knows...Y'know?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Question about copper coin. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL