The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bill switch question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

madmanmike1
View Profile
New user
Canada (Ontario)
92 Posts

Profile of madmanmike1
Hello all,
I had alook around on this thread and could not find any answers so....
This is what it's supposed to look like,
I borrow two fives, rip them in half and supply the assistants with half of there bill.
These are the paramaters
-close up or parlour trick
-No thumbtip allowed
-both bills are torn together at the same time
-The halfs they acutaly recieved are extras already palmed in my right hand before I begin

This is the problem;
I'm looking for a method that looks good up close. It's just the handling of the tear and immediatly handing out two halfs. I know John Carney has an excellent switch, but it is for one bill and would not work here I believe. Can anyone tell me where I can find a good handling for this move?

Madmanmike
"it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide!"
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
Harry Andersons buffolo Bill Routine would work, the switch If I remember right is straight out of Bo Bo coin magic.
Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
Check out Michael Ammar's "Bill to Nut" on Easy to Master Money Miracle vol. 3 or his Easy to Master Lecture notes. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but he tears two bills and gives each assistant half of their bill, and there's no need for extra bills.

Fred
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Salut Fred
Dis moi, alors ton dvd?
Je l'ai vu chez Hocus Pocus un jour ou deux et puis pffft plus rien...
So what my friend
Arthur
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
You got something against TT? heh.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
342 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
You could just do a false transfer, and go in your pocket for an invisivle wand while you ditch the pieces of the $5 bill.
An amatuer practices untill he gets it right, a professinal practices untill he can't get it wrong.

Don't wait for oppurtunity to knock, throw open the door, grab it by the throat and drag it inside kicking and screaming.

Magically yours
madmanmike1
View Profile
New user
Canada (Ontario)
92 Posts

Profile of madmanmike1
Nothing against a thumbtip, it's just that I will be using one later- as soon as I hand back the 2 half bills I slip the preloaded thumbtip on.
Harry Anderson's handling is out of BoBo's? I don't remember any bill switches in that book - I will look for it though.

I need to do it visibly before them so a false transfer and a ditch would not work. The spectators need to get the palmed half bills back, not there own.

Thanks all, any more tips?
"it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide!"
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
It may not be in Bobos but it is in Harrys book, the switch is bold yet easy and very very very deceptive. Plus his buffolo bill routine is great.

tpdmagic
SamChak
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Profile of SamChak
You may find it in Harry Andersons' book.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

~ Albert Einstein ~
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bill switch question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL