The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » With a big thanx to Mike Gallo!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
As a couple of fellow coinlovers asked me to upload some more of the coinwork I do, after I put up a capture re AGs toss-vanish, here is an URL to watch something you might like..

http://www.youtube.com/?v=bFGB9BarpYQ

A stand-up version of CTTT that to me, is the most direct approach and way to do that routine.

The aim is *the absence of moves* and I think I came pretty close. Smile

No fuzz, no throwing coins around, a natural and straightforward handling, but you are the judge..

Note especially the use of the HPC in a diff. way, especially re the second coin, it's hardly noticed that this actually is a kind of a HPC, done in the hands..
Some might call it a kind of shuttle pass, but in my mind it is a HPC, as is the 3d coin.

The basic idea re the handling, using that *special* thingy UNDER and not as used normally -also by Troy Hooser- ABOVE the table, is entirely the idea of a good friend, Joachim Solberg of DK, who showed me this way back in the 1980s, however what you se is my own interpretation of the basic idea.
Especially the passage of the second coin, the display of the coins in each hand is my own contribution to that classic.

I have to give a BIG THANX to Mike Gallo, who allowed me to make this capture -using his backfire kicker used at the finale- available.

The ending is soley the creation of Mike Gallo, the *backfire*, where the coins pass through the table the *other way around*.

Salute to Mike for the contribution of this outstanding climax..
Enjoy..
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Malcolm Kavalsky
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Malcolm Kavalsky
I get "The page cannot be displayed" at this link ...
Checkout the Bobo Project at:
http://kavalsky.net:3834/OpenBobo/
Clip index at:
http://planet.nana.co.il/openbobo/
Malcolm Kavalsky
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Malcolm Kavalsky
Sorry, I guess I just had do try again.

Thanks!
Checkout the Bobo Project at:
http://kavalsky.net:3834/OpenBobo/
Clip index at:
http://planet.nana.co.il/openbobo/
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

*The Tube* can be down once in a while..it happens seldom, but today is one of those days.
Just retry later when nettraffic might be less..

Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Thanks for the vid Werner. Very direct nice routine and patter.
I certainly didn't catch any in hands HPC moves.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10784 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Werner very sneeky LOL

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Werner, as you know from our previous discussions, I think the handling's great. In fact, I like it so much that Jamie Schoolcraft's bank account is now smiling. Smile
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
Nice routine! I liked the HPC with the third coin and was completely fooled by the backfire kicker!
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-10-14 11:24, Jaz wrote:
Thanks for the vid Werner. Very direct nice routine and patter.
I certainly didn't catch any in hands HPC moves.
Thanx Jaz, I know well the patter sucks, but it suits me.. Smile

Also, it is not the *entire routine*, I do normally a very short *get into*, that plays very well before I go into the CTTT, I might put it up another day.
It is very disarming...
Actually that routine showing the intro to the complete CTTT is without any *aim*, so it is 100% impromptu..as long as one can borrow 4 halfdollars and a table is nearby, any table, any tableheight,at all, the routine can be done stand-up as well as sit-down.
No lapping used..

Re the HPC you mention, well, it is what *I* call a HPC, actually I really am sure one can call it a *HPC in the hands*, as it is done without the use of the table, no coin is droped onto the table, but the coin(s) are thrown into the other hand and splitted into 2 coins there..

Watch the vid, it really shows how it looks..it's the second coin that has passed and that is displayed and then shown as one coin in each hand..done by use of the HPC (at least that is what I call it..) Smile

Nothing earthshattering, but I've never seen anybody do something similar, there though might be some ppl..
I one day *thought* out that move before falling asleep in the bed Smile

Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
Werner,

After reading so much of your philosophy about magic, I had hoped to be able to see you perform some time. God bless the internet!

As for the routine, it was wonderful. Very direct with a wonderful climax. Now, I have not see Mike himself perform the climax, but of the handful of other performers I have seen perform the climax, your handling of the moment and execution of the mechanics were the best I have seen. After reading your post, I knew it was coming, but you still nailed me with it. Now that's magic.

Thank you for sharing, and take care.

-Karl
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-10-14 12:05, Karl Miller wrote:
.... Now, I have not see Mike himself perform the climax,

Thanx Karl, no let me tell you, Mike does it entirely different and so skilfull, almost nobody ever will dare to do it *his* way !
That what I like about Mikes magic, he has guts...I don't.. Smile

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Excellent routine... Wish I could figure it out Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-10-14 12:13, Pete Biro wrote:
Excellent routine... Wish I could figure it out Smile
Pete you are so modest..you must be kidding.. Smile

Of course you figured it out..just ask Dean Dill, though I don't even know if he does use that *thingy*..I only saw him extensively using a [.
Troy Hooser is the answer then..

What often fools fellow magicians too, is the *UNTRADITIONAL* use, this is the perfect example to compare, if *visible* is better then *hidden/invisible*..
In this case it is used *invisible*, everybody else does use it visible above the table..
It's like the appearing cane..
IMHO it's a bit stupid to let it spring into view..it's much, much better to release it under ones arm to pop up horisontally backwards during some other happenings with the other hand, then when turning sideways, there suddenly is a cane under ones arm..

THAT's magic, it's not magic to let it pop into the air visible..magic should be surprise..the appearing cane is a good example.

Also, again remember Fred Kaps, he did use a newspaper to make his cane dissapear....
100% better then to let it compress in free air with some silk or confetti as a result..

Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Forgot to mention to Karl Miller and others, that Mike Gallos original handling re his *backfire* can be seen on his video *The Dynasty Continous*..don't miss to get and study it!
Do a search on the net where to buy it...

Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
Werner,

Thank you for the reference. I am going to check it out right now! Thanks again!

Karl
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2005-10-14 13:14, Werner G. Seitz wrote:
"...It's like the appearing cane..
IMHO it's a bit stupid to let it spring into view..it's much, much better to release it under ones arm to pop up horisontally backwards during some other happenings with the other hand, then when turning sideways, there suddenly is a cane under ones arm...."

Or use Larry West's approach...walk with a limp, remove your shoe, slowly pull the cane out of the shoe, put the shoe back on, and then walk away gingerly with no limp using the cane as a walking stick. Smile

Back on topic, Werner, the showing of the second coin where you separate the two coins and place them on the table isn't as easy as you make it look. Very smooth.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-10-14 13:51, Larry Davidson wrote:
... the showing of the second coin where you separate the two coins and place them on the table isn't as easy as you make it look. Very smooth.
Thanx Larry, but actually it isn't that tough..there is a certain technic to it, when you know how to do it, it's easy..
I've written it down somewhere for a friend, have to dig it up and will PM..

coinmagic143
View Profile
New user
Annapolis, MD
67 Posts

Profile of coinmagic143
Very Very nice routine. Smooth. Cheers,

Bill
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
810 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Sehr schoen Herr Seitz... Smooth and sweet. Didn't see that Gallo kicker coming...

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Hey Werner, you know that I liked this routine when you shared it with my privately a while back... Now that you have put it up here publicly, I would like to add my public praise for it.

This is a very clever handling for the CTTT. My favorite thing is your very clever under the table usage of the *special thingy* as you called it Smile While I could follow the routine when you shared it with me, it made me even appreciate even more your thinking behind the routine. I never thought of using it that way, nor personally ever saw it used that way before.

My absolute favorite part is the 2nd coin transit and cleanup - its perfect. The 3rd coin cleanup looks great, but I just love the 2nd one.

Of course Gallo's kicker, kicks ass!

I think it is great everyone can get the chance to enjoy your routine.
Click to visit:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » With a big thanx to Mike Gallo!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL