The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » With a big thanx to Mike Gallo!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Thanx a lot Dan, your opinion means a lot to me, very much appreciated..
Actually I didn't know you did like that thingy that much.. Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
kramerica2010
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of kramerica2010
Johnny Ace Palmer has done the same backfire ending. I liked yours very much
vinkelhaken
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
179 Posts

Profile of vinkelhaken
Werner,

Nice to see your CTTT. You know I was curious about it and hoped to see it a few months ago, or was it a year? Very clean and smooth!

By the way, isn't the Gallo kicker also published in Ammar's book?

All the best
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Ammars book is about *The Magic of Michael Ammar*, so the Gallo stuff isn't there.. Smile

However, out of memory, (you have to recheck this), I'm pretty sure, it's published in Encore II and in one of the earlier videos from Hans Zahn/Videonics, *A touch of magic*, vol. II, IIRC, Videonics release 29, later released by L&L, (you have to surf their site re this) it might though also be in one of the volumes of *Easy to master Coin miracles* (If that was what they where called?)

I simply lost track ...but Ammar (at least) did publish -of course with Mike's permission- at quite some diff. places.

I do own all of the above vids/books, however the very first time, the Gallo climax was shown to me was by Joachim Solberg at a private session at his home, at that time in Karlslunde, and that must have been in 1983....

Actually I smashed a (too thin) glass between his fingers when giving a demo of my CPH coin routine, cutting his fingers, that then where bleeding... Smile
The standing joke then was when I was around: *Is that your close-up case, or your first aid case ?* Smile
In any case, he survived... Smile

Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Werner, I am pretty certain that the Gallo kicker ending is also published in Ammar's book. I am not home where I can access it right now, but I'm very certain.
Click to visit:
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Werner,
Very nice handling. You have me worried a bit because I misunderstood and though you used a ] coin. I was afraid you would damage it!

This may be one of the best uses of that "special something" that I've seen and Mike's backfire ending is a winner.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-10-17 14:21, Dan Watkins wrote:
Werner, I am pretty certain that the Gallo kicker ending is also published in Ammar's book. I am not home where I can access it right now, but I'm very certain.
I apologize...
I was smiling all the way to the bookshelf, so the wify asked me why I was smiling sillyly..
I was about to prove you wrong Smile
No way.....page 119 in the Ammar book...red face, re the silly smile Smile
(Maybe another time, memory isn't what it used to be Smile ...)

Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
This routine is EXTREMELY deceptive. The second coins filtration fooled me badly. Thanks again for sharing.....
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-10-17 14:23, wsduncan wrote:
Werner,
Very nice handling. You have me worried a bit because I misunderstood and though you used a ] coin. I was afraid you would damage it!...
Thanx Bill, when did you se that capture?
I suppose not today, as the *tube* has been down all day, can't access it Smile

Yes, re the damage...that's why the coins do pass *silently* Smile
I do the very same handling without the use of that 'thingy', the moves are actually almost exactly the same, but in this case there is all the sound in the world, which I love Smile

I might put that capture up one day, as it does show a very nice intro to the routine in intercation with a spec (if there is one present Smile )
(Sole reason I call that thingy a *thingy* is it would spoil the fun for most if they got the solution in advance..it's no secret and anybody into coins does know how this works..)

Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Whenever/ifever *the tube* gets back on-line again, here is a capture uploaded some time back that shows the CTTT done with 4 borrowed coins, entirely impromptu.

http://www.youtube.com/?v=lm5p32TIGes

Now, let me tell you, that this handling can't compete with the one shown at:

http://www.youtube.com/?v=bFGB9BarpYQ

re deceptiveness, nevertheless, it's the one I use more often for obvious reasons.

I also have to tell you, that in that particular performance are at least 3 heavy flaws present, that shouldn't be present, I'm normally aware of how to prevent them to happen, nevertheless they happend when capturing the sentence and I didn't want to reshoot.

So pls. bare with me and the less perfect example/demo of that routine/handling.

I assure you, it -when NOT falling into the trap re those flaws- the routine flows and is very deceptive to lay-audiences, for fellow magicians I though prefer the other handling I already put up, normal specs will hardly se the difference between the 2 versions, WHEN done better then shown on that capture.

To avoid one of the flaws is simple..simple SOLELY let the 'resting' hand rest with only thefingertips at the edge of the table, then the 'flick' will not happen, it simply can't..
You'll find out...

Reason for developping this handling actually was that when doing the other routine, something can get brooke, it happend to me a single time, and in that case I could only mention *coins aren't what they used to be*, pocket the thingy's parts and pull out another coin of the pocket to continue.
So, should this happen again, I just continue with the routine...and that was the reason for developping it.

Later it turned out that somehow I used it more often then the original one, also it is less deceptive..
Well, it's not easy to strive for perfection.. Smile

One more thought....
Since making that capture, I have altered the handling for the 3d coin.

I now handle it exactly as in the first uploaded capture, first flicking the last coin with the left forefinger -in order to make space for the other 3 coins to get thrown out from the right hand, in reality to make them follow that action with their eyes, remember, the eye follows the moving object- and then the HPC is executed, that too makes the handling more deceptive and also now the handling is exactly the same as when using that 'thingy', makes it easier to remember, what to do when... Smile

Hopefully you'll enjoy that version too...

Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

*The tube* is online again..have a cheap laugh re what's shown at:

http://www.youtube.com/?v=lm5p32TIGes

I assure you it works well..for 'normal' ppl... Smile
At least it may make you laugh, re how easy it can be to do a CTTT without lapping.
That routine can be done in a stand-up, but also sit-down situation.
Just do it better then I did on THAT capture..it isn't tough to do so... Smile

Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
Mr. Seitz,
I really enjoyed watching your first routine, and than I thought that you must have put in to consideration to do the routine with a [.

What made you use the "special thingy"?

And now I´ll watch the second one...

Rudi
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Don't worry... Smile
So far I never have used a [ ever, I realize however, I miss some great magic NOT using a such, but I will/plan to do some stuff using a shell right now...

Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
Very interesting... I thoght I missed a big advantage of the "thingy". Now it´s
easier to keep on playing...

Thanks
Rudi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » With a big thanx to Mike Gallo!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL