The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » The Pocket Pocket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
berseus
View Profile
New user
Sweden (live in London)
49 Posts

Profile of berseus
I use the pocket pocket a bit. It does not hold as much as apparantly the Klamm one (which I have not seen) but it is made for the trouser pocket and has some good uses.

The best use I find for it is you can have billswitch set up for different denominations and still keep track of the different setups even though they are all in the same trouser pocket. The pocket pocket also holds these "setups" in a perfect position for picking them up quickly without any hassle.

Mr Andrews came up with the pocket pocket since he lives in Hawaii and because of the heat works without a jacket.
"How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else." - R. Buckminster Fuller
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I'm dumb. I don't see how the Klamm pocket can turn one pocket into 17 different pockets. A pocket can't even hold 17 different things? Can someone describe how this actually works?

Does it have to be used in a jacket? What about pants or other clothes?

thanks,
frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Rod Lages
View Profile
Loyal user
Brasilia, Brazil
250 Posts

Profile of Rod Lages
Sorry to ask but where can I buy this Klamm pocket organizer over the internet? It must be good.

Best Regards,
Rod Lages
"Confusion isn't Magic" - Dai Vernon
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1264 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Their site:

http://www.klamm-magic.com/

:rabbitfromhat:
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Wizard291
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Wizard291
One thing, does the Klamm organiser not make the side of your Jacket sag? The thing I hate is having bulges in pockets, especially jacket pockets as it makes it sag and look really wrong.

Ideally I would like one that fits on a belt, at the back so it's out of view, but can hold several decks, coins, sponges, and the usual rope etc. Any ideas?

I still don't understand how the pocket can hold so much in one pocket, surely you have a HUGE bulge? Can this be fitted onto a belt?

With the Klamm organiser do you not have a huge bulge on your jacket pocket?

Thank you.
Smile
Dave Schutt
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Dave Schutt
I recently purchased 2 of Carl Andrew's Pocket Pockets and have been very pleased with them. I usually do not wear a jacket so it was very nice to see something as intelligently conceived as these!
Dave Schutt
Charlotte, NC
CWMoss
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of CWMoss
I just ordered two Klamm Organizers. Seems likes a good deal for the price.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
It takes a little common sense here. If you put billiard or bowling balls in the Pocket organizers, there will be a bulge! Flat objects, like coins and cards, don't add much bulge. A few small objects like TT or knives and you have a slight bulge.

Also, the type of pants matter. Tight jeans, no way! Standard dress slacks, A-OK. I figure if I can get a stainless steel(heavy) .38 caliber revolver (bulky) in a holster (even more bulky) without an apparent bulge, these organizers ought to work just fine. And with the extra baggy clothes worn by the younger generation, I bet you could carry a bowling ball!

Basically, they keep things from getting tangled with other things. It is easier to get what you want without a lot of fumbling.

Kirk
bkowkabany
View Profile
Loyal user
I have driven through the hearts of men
277 Posts

Profile of bkowkabany
Did anyone notice that the Klamm site has Black and White (Surprise) for $8! Must be a knockoff, but would be curious to know. I dropped them an email to ask.

Klamm replied about Black and White as follows:

Thanks for asking!

You are right. The one we carry is the plastic model. The quality is not
too bad, or we would not carry it, but it is not the best.
Download our Free Magic Inventory and Show Creation software - www.mailware.com/magic

Mentalist by day. Bizzarist by night.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

What's "Black and White".

Anyway... I now have both the Klamm pocket organizer and the Carl Andrews pocket pocket.

Now I just need to learn to work with them.

I'm happy with both.
bkowkabany
View Profile
Loyal user
I have driven through the hearts of men
277 Posts

Profile of bkowkabany
Quote:
On 2004-04-14 19:23, Frank Starsini wrote:
What's "Black and White".

Anyway, I now have both the Klamm pocket organizer and the Carl Andrews pocket pocket.

Now I just need to learn to work with them.

I'm happy with both.

Black and White Surprise---two poker chips, one black, one white change hands then change to 4 different colors. It is self-contained. Cute, but short. The brass ones go for about $45.

I just ordered the Klamm and the Pocket Pocket too. I look forward to playing with them.
Download our Free Magic Inventory and Show Creation software - www.mailware.com/magic

Mentalist by day. Bizzarist by night.
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
561 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Frank,
Are you having trouble w/ the organizer? What kind of difficulty are you having? Every one on this thread is saying how great they are, I was about to order two of each. (save on shipping Smile

Bruce
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

They are great. I'm not having a problem with them.
They are simple yet effective.
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
Could somebody post a picture of the different organizer. I have seen the only a picture of the Pro-Carrier. And is the pro carrier worth $20.00 ??

Pablo
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
826 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I agree .. I would like to see pics of these organizers. I hate to buy something I haven't even seen a pic of. The joys of being more than 3 hours from the closest magic shop. I do have Joshua Jay's pro carrier. It doesn't carry as much as some other belt packs I have seen, but it looks tons better. You don't look like you have your batman utility belt on while wearing it. It has a zippered pouch for coins, 2 different arears for packet tricks, and room for a full deck with card guard, and also a clear pouch you can have your business card showing through and hold extra cards.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
The Count of Three
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of The Count of Three
Themeecer,

Thanks for reviving this thread, otherwise I'd never have seen it. I need to buy & try out a couple of these coat/trouser/or belt-based organizational solutions. I'm tired of my card decks getting mangled in the bottom of my briefcase and, likewise, all my other small props scratching against each other in my pockets.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Here's a variation of something I've been playing with.
Holds cards, coins, and is big enough to hold ninja rings as well.
A few spongeballs, a silk and TT. Small things like that.

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/custom/f......mall.jpg

Goes on the belt.
A strolling pouch. The real thing will not have velcro.
I hate velcro. It will also come up to the height of the rings.

I personally use something much larger but it seems like a useful size.
Something to consider.

I did buy a JoshJay pouch before. It holds very little and the zipper broke before I ever even tried it in performance. Probably a fluke.
So, I never really gave it the testing it deserved.

The pocket pocket is something completely different. I have that too and never quite got used to it but it's good for organizing things inside a coat pocket.

Frank
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12200 Posts

Profile of John C
Is this something you sell now Frank or are making?

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

I've taken what you see and made it taller, to cover the rings.
A touch wider to accommodate a few more props. The coin pocket
will have a flap. Not wide open.

From what I can tell, the price will be around $45.

Frank
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
So Frank,

w/o the vecro are you going with a loose flap (my preference), or a button of some sort?

Also, how are you attaching to the belt? It'd be nice to have something you don't have to take your belt off to take the pouch on or off. Just some thoughts.

I like your design.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » The Pocket Pocket (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL