The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » The Pocket Pocket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Um.... .loose flap of course. Smile

To be honest I don't know yet. Anything but shhhhhhkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeet!!! velcro.

The only thing I've used velcro on to date is my table bag.
I thought it barely acceptable since it's not a prop. Who knows. I might even change that in the near future.

Anyway, it could have a don't-take-yer-belt-off-loop-de-loop attachment.
Instead of stitched you could just velcro it. Smile

Could be snaps, I suppose. Haven't decided. If you come up with something before I do, let me know. Could have a loooooong tail that slips behind your belt, down into your pants, out the bottom of your pant leg, and tucks into your sock.

I think I need sleep.

p.s. Also debating whether it should be big enough to hold a small lime or 2.
I don't want it to be very big.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Room for a couple of Billiard balls would be nice for cones, chop cups, etc...

With a little more work, what about a pair of ball droppers? That would be even sweeter to be able to have it available at your fingertips from *beneath* the pocket.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Aspology
View Profile
New user
Belgium
52 Posts

Profile of Aspology
Quote:
On 2002-02-20 13:59, Ichazod wrote:
The Joshua Jay close up case is good also. You can cary a deck, as well as packet tricks, coins & rubberbands & business cards.

It is very nicely made in black leather.

Smile

I have just recieved my close up case today Smile
Dare 2 believe in magic
Thomas Okey
View Profile
New user
Lakeland Florida
50 Posts

Profile of Thomas Okey
I have Klamm's pocket organizer and Carl Andrew's pocket in a pocket.

Carl stated earlier in his post that his organizer gives you 8 pockets. Technically his organizer gives you six pockets but does divided the pocket where you place it into two sides. His organizer/divider has two tall pockets in the middle of it then it has two smaller pockets on each side of the orgaizer/divider. I hope I explained that correctly. BTW I really like this orgainzer for my coins. It is made to go in your pants pocket, which is a plus. I carry this with me at all times. Also the pockets are not as flat or tight as the ones on the Klamm organizer. So they work well with coins and maybe a sponge ball.

the Klamm divider is made to go in a side coat pocket. It is to wide to fit in your pants pocket. Like I stated above, The pockets are tight/flat. They would be great for coins, knives, safety pins, thumb tips etc. But I would not want to put sponge balls in them. They would come out looking like disks. Put it has a lot more dividers in it then Carl's does but again it was meant to be used in a bigger pocket (side coat pocket). I am at work so I can't attach pictures with this post but I hope it helps.

They both have their purpose or advantages and disadvantages.

Tom Okey
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3206 Posts

Profile of gaddy
You could just stitch a divider into your pocket, or you can have a seamstress rebuild your pocket to your specs. This is VERY easy work for a tailor/seamstress.

I had her widen and buckle-open the mouths of the pockets (so I can pull an orange out of them w/ no problem) and deepen the pockets themselves, and I added a little stitch myself to divide the pocket and give me a sort-of "coin shelf" near the top f the pocket.

The lovely and talented woman I use charges approx 25$ a pocket, and she does excellent, top-notch work. I have every confidence that you can find someone who will do this sort of minor alteration in your area for a comparable price or even lower.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Ruldar
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Ruldar
Anyone have this organizer? http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48070

I like the looks of it also.
robertmichaels
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of robertmichaels
Quote:

Now, all I need to do is get used to knowing "what is where" on the fly so it doesn't look like I'm having my own private puppet show...

LOL. So true. Doing that can be fun though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » The Pocket Pocket (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL