The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » How to print special words on silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Bonnie Kids
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden (Västerĺs)
267 Posts

Profile of The Bonnie Kids
Hi to all of you.
I live in Sweden and I am a magician for kids. I would like to have my own silks with written "THANK YOU " (tack) or "Happy Birthday " in Swedish. Today you can in practice only find stuff in English.
Is there any company that prints what you want on the magic silks?

Tack

/Andrea
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7385 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I can hand paint it on the silks (look at my website for some of the painted silks) or Wonder Imaginary could do it.

Last year, I did some silks with Hebrew letters on them that I had no idea what they said. I just need the exact artwork or words and spelling you want on the silk.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
561 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Thanks again for those silks Richard. They worked out Great!!!

Bruce
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20507 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
You know that Sharpie Pens work fine on real silk? I made one I use for mental magic (Mind reading). It is a ornate but the only word on it is "Blank!".

Mine is red and black on white. They were the only colors of Sharpie Pens in my desk!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
561 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Bob,

You need a steady hand and good handwriting to do that. I have neither. I also wanted something a bit more elaborate. You need to leave the part with the writing blank if you dye the rest of the silk a dark color, like royal blue, if your letters will be yellow. Right?

Maybe I should just learn how to do silk screening. I remeber doing it in Jr. Highschool Print Shop.

Bruce
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
362 Posts

Profile of cataquet
I went to an Art shop yesterday, and they had "Silk for your inkjet printer". I haven't tried it, or even looked inside the envelope. I will report back on what I produce, and what the silk is like. At the moment, I'm just trying to decide what to try and print.

P.S. WooHoo! This is my 300th post
Harold Cataquet
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20507 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2005-11-22 19:00, cataquet wrote:
I went to an Art shop yesterday, and they had "Silk for your inkjet printer". I haven't tried it, or even looked inside the envelope. I will report back on what I produce, and what the silk is like. P.S. WooHoo! This is my 300th post

The ink from an inkjet printer is water soluable. Thus, if it gets wet, it runs! It will ruin the other silks too.

It may ruin your props and costumes too.

Be Careful!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7385 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Bob is right. There is no way that I know to set that ink. It will also fade if washed.

A steady hand is a must. One mistake and you bouqht the silk. You also must understand combining colors. A yellow silk painted with blue will turn out green letters. So Bruce is right you must isolate colors from each other if you want true colors. Now if you paint Black lettering over any other color it doesn't really matter. Dye the silk the main color and then paint on your black letters.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
362 Posts

Profile of cataquet
Thanks, Richard and Bob. It's a plain white silk, and the warning that the inks are water soluable is mentioned in the instructions.
Harold Cataquet
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » How to print special words on silks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL