The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Protocols of the Elders of Magic by Max Maven (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
What is this book?????

The Protocols of
the Elders of Magic

by
MAX MAVEN

Expected to ship November 15, 2005

Announcing an unpleasant little book that no discerning library should be without. Over a century in the making. No tricks. Only one secret, but it's a killer!

A long-standing goal at Hermetic Press has been to produce books of quality that stand out from the crowd; books that are interesting and unusual. We've never published a book more unusual than The Protocols of the Elders of Magic. It is so unusual, we aren't going to tell you exactly what it is. All we will say is that there has never been a magic book like it. If you enjoy the erudite humor of Max Maven, if you love books beautifully produced, and if you enjoy having something in your library few others do, The Protocols of the Elders of Magic is for you. If, on the other hand, you are looking for another collection of tricks, pass this one up and check out our other titles.

The Protocols of the Elders of Magic is printed in two colors on fine linen paper, and consists of 214 pages in a three-piece hardcover binding with bonded-leather spine and book-ribbon. Only 500 numbered copies will be offered for sale, all signed by Max Maven. You can only order this title from us. And don't wait too long--this limited edition is expected to disappear quickly.
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Don't know any more than you do about the book. But the "erudite humor" of the announcement date of this title + the author and publisher were enough for me to place an immediate order.

Bob
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Not much to go one here.
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
We all expected Max Maven incoming book about the Gilbreath principle...could it be the content of this mysterious book?
Mark Timon
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
So, we have here a new book, but they don't tell you the contents and offer a vague description of it.
They are right about this: All we will say is that there has never been a magic book like it.

Regards
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Max has strong ties to his Jewish roots. It may serve to remember what the Protocols of the Elders of Zion was.

Jack Shalom
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Max Maven my knish! "The Protocols of the Elders of Magic" is a well-known forgery created in Tsarist Russia in 1879. A Tuesday I think. It purports to be the minutes of a conference of magicians and mentalists planning to takeover the world. I'm going to report Max Maven to the ADL (the Anti-Deceptionage League) for this.
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Yeah, but how much is it????
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Available only from Stephen Minch for $50.00 plus $5 for shipping.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Does anyone have a Link for it ?

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
The link to this book is :

http://www.hermeticpress.com/
JamesBiss
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
310 Posts

Profile of JamesBiss
How astonishing ...

Now if it were to include a performance DVD he could call it his Extremely Mental Edition! ;>)

His timing is perfect, Best of luck Max ...

Cheers,

James
James Biss
Count Lustig
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of Count Lustig
I’ll wait until they start turning up on eBay at half price (which I predict will be about a week after publication).
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Do you think that Max will have any copies for sale personally...at personal appearances? Say, the Daytona Magic Convention?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
czero
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
282 Posts

Profile of czero
Quote:
On 2005-10-16 10:46, Count Lustig wrote:
I’ll wait until they start turning up on eBay at half price (which I predict will be about a week after publication).

Or they could turn into the next Color Series. ;-)

Mike
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
Anybody got an idea of the content of that book ?
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
I'm guessing that if you don't understand the title, you won't "get" the book either. But we'll see when it shows up next month.
Count Lustig
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of Count Lustig
Quote:
On 2005-10-16 11:13, czero wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-10-16 10:46, Count Lustig wrote:

Or they could turn into the next Color Series. ;-)

Mike

The two are not mutually exclusive. The fact that they might sell for a high price on eBay ten years from now doesn’t mean that they won’t sell for a low price on eBay ten weeks from now.

Anyway, I’ll stick with my prediction.
zallen
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of zallen
I understand the title, but I'm still at a loss as to what the book will be about. That being said, I'm about to place my order in as well. It does have Max Maven's name on it, after all.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Judging from the comment about "if you enjoy the humor of Max Maven..." and the title, this will be something along the lines of the Majoke Magazine.

Several Yiddish words come to mind about it, none of which I can spell...

I have the feeling that a lot of people are going to be very unhappy with the product if they are expecting a serious work on magic or mentalism. If, however, they are expecting a satirical work, based on the Protocols of the Elders of Zion (which is arguably one of the most evil things ever published and a big part of the basis of the Holocaust), then they will probably enjoy it, thoroughly.

Only time will tell...

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Protocols of the Elders of Magic by Max Maven (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL