The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge balls. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Hi, Ive recentley been interested in the sponge balls. Ive always had them, but never knew to what extent I could use them. One day I picked them up and practiced, practiced some more. And you guessed it, more practice. But, I know have what I think is a wonderful routine that lasts about three min. It also has some nice patter. What do you guys do for sponge ball routines? Tell me what patter you use, and what happens. Thanks, I am looking for some possible improvments to make it a bit longer, and maybe have a story line thing. Because all I have now is mommy and daddy have baby, baby has unique powers, and so on. Thanks. -Cory.
Sooty
View Profile
Regular user
London, England
140 Posts

Profile of Sooty
Some memorable routines that are worth looking into are Ain't no mo by Karl Andrews, Frank Balzarac - can't remember the name of his routine but it's on his video, and Steve Tucker does an awasone SB routine called the Ultimate SB routine.

Also, buy the 25 amazing tricks with songe balls DVD. It might be basic but there are tonnes of ideas on it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
3 minutes seems pretty long for a routine.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Quote:
On 2005-10-23 17:27, Dannydoyle wrote:
3 minutes seems pretty long for a routine.

Most routines , including Albert Goshmans, are much longer.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
If you can't get 3 minutes out of sponge balls then get "sponge bunnies"....they leave a lot more room for humor.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Patrick Page video is great
scott guinn's PBJ
john carney has a nice 2 ball routine in carneycopia

my next gig is 4 hours so I'll be trying out sponge bunnies
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Steve Dacri has a great routine. I performed a routine based on his, for many years.

Dick Stoner has a great stand-up sponge ball routine, that I've used for years.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I do the bunnies. But I orderd the sponge balls to try to learn Carney's routine.
redheadjuggler
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of redheadjuggler
Depending on the audience, I like Carl Andrew's "Ain't No Moe." Its cute and yes I've had great success with it with adults. You can find it on his Table Hopping Cups and Balls DVD. He uses the sponge balls as his final loads.
Juggler
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I use patter around doing a Vision Quest. Seeking something, yet at the end it is you that have been saught. The typical "Flight Through Space" but with a longer story and talking about Myth.

John
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I forgot my bunnies Smile
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Superace
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
12 Posts

Profile of Superace
Brad Burts dvd is pretty good to, I like the way he loads the jumbo SB, which is what I use for my finale.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2005-11-03 10:46, Frank Starsini wrote:

Bummer. I've been performing the bunnies close-up, instead of sponge balls, for a while now. I just love how my routine has developed, over the past couple of years - fits me like a glove.
johnnymagic
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of johnnymagic
I always start my sponge ball routine with a ball to jumbo square. When the red ball vanishes and turns into a sqaure and a yellow ball. the red ball reappears in my pocket I start the routine from there which is in the book Now you see it now you don't.
Out of all the magicians I know, you're one of 'em...

www.johnnymagicmemphis.com
johnnymagic
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of johnnymagic
Quote:
On 2005-11-04 14:37, Alan Munro wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-11-03 10:46, Frank Starsini wrote:

Bummer. I've been performing the bunnies close-up, instead of sponge balls, for a while now. I just love how my routine has developed, over the past couple of years - fits me like a glove.

Being in memphis I like to call my bunnies Elvis and Prescilla and of course they produce Lisa Marie and the memphis mafia. I do all the elvis moves to make them appear like shake a leg and twitch my lip. It always kills and producing the memphis mafia always gets a laugh...
Out of all the magicians I know, you're one of 'em...

www.johnnymagicmemphis.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I love the bunnies too But I would like to add a Four regular SB routine. just don't know which route to go. As far as the bunnies I always let them name them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge balls. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL