The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Stewart Judah? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SuperMagicMozart
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of SuperMagicMozart
I'm really quite a beginner in coins. Looking through Bobo's book, I found that tricks by Stewart Judah appealed to me. I like the methods. Could anyone direct me to sources of other Stewart Judah material (I'm sorry if it's Judas and not Judah)? Any opinions on him?
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Great Magician, I studied some with his protege Paul Swinford. There is an issue of Pallbearers Review that was dedicated to Judah's effects. Paul's notes have some of Judah's effects in them. Give Haines House of Cards in Cincinnati a call they had some of his (Swinford's) notes the last time I was there.

Maybe someone else can shed more light.
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
There is a book of Judah's magic, "The Magical World of Stewart Judah" I think. I'll check the title...

Also, Stewart released a lot of material thru U.F. "Gen" Grant, back in the fifties. These were manuscripts with several tricks strung together to forma routine. They sold for $3.00 each, as I recall. He had a great pencil, straw, and string release, a Coin thru Hank, several mentalism effects, a version of the Thieves and Sheep, etc.

Stewart also had one of the better routines for the Sach's Dice Routine that has become so popular lately, with versions by Reed McClintock and Bob Sheets ("Ivory Connection", and "It's The Rules").

There is also an unpublished manuscript of Judah's work, compiled by his friend John Braun, who was editor of the Linking Ring Magazine for many years. I don't know where one would get a copy of this, but it is loaded with Judah material.

The aforementioned Pallbearer's Review Folios are terrific.

Judah also released a Cups and Balls Routine in the late forties that is quite good.

So, there is a lot of stuf out there, but it takes some work to pull it all together. I will look at my file and let you know more about what to look for, if you are really interested...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
RyanSwigert
View Profile
New user
Cincinnati, Ohio
87 Posts

Profile of RyanSwigert
Ironically, this is exactly what my new magic project is all about!!! I will be releasing a DVD with some insight into Stewart Judah - his background, stories about him, etc.. etc... As well as a collection of his magic. This DVD is in pre-production at the moment. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.

All the best,
Ryan Swigert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Stewart Judah? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL