The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Unsung card gods (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

graemesd
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of graemesd
Well all know some one that is your card/magic mentor and guru. maybe a hobbiest or someone who is a technician but just doesn't have the personality to make it big time or someone whose opinion you whole heartedly trust.

there are plenty of guys that are at the big time that I think should be at club level too - but let's use this thread to shout out and big up those that have helped you all the path to blistered fingers and enlightenment.

heres my shout

Steve Kliskey crap card guy brilliant magician and street performer (some brits may well know him) - he's been on the circut for eons

Dave Brown - Funniest cabaret act and brilliant technician and performer been told the he is not allowed to join the circle for exposing the 3 card monte on TV. He also doesn't like magicians very much - which has played to his advantage

A guy called Bill - at my local club known him for years he's just a n inspiration

Jerry Sadowitz - Ok Ok yes I know he is famous already and no I don't know him. But I just think he's underrated - maybe that's a personality thing
Free_Mind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Free_Mind
Jack Maxwell...my mentor. He's known throughout south florida.
Dr Marvin
View Profile
New user
Florida
91 Posts

Profile of Dr Marvin
I think Max Maven/ Phil Goldstein and Derren Brown don't get enough credit. If you pick up Derren Brown's card video, you will see some pretty original and creative material. And Max Maven/Phil Goldstein sure knows how to play with his 52 friends.

Sincerely,

Dr. Marvin
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Frank Olivier is incredible with cards. Not to mention about 900 other things.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4638 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Bill Abbott.

His Dvd's are out of this world, his "Mind Control" (which is being sold at Tannans and Browesers for example) is an update of a killer classic (A much needed update I may add) and his "Thing" and "Chico" (from Magic Magazine) are the best.

I use sooooooo much of his stuff all the time, and I rank him right up there with Don Allan and Bert Allerton in magicians who influence me.

P.S.

Bill is planning a tour of several US cities sometime in January.
Ill keep you updated.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1634 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Charlie Miller and Jack McMillen

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Gone but not forgotten - VIC KIRK!

Still around, and a real killer - Ron Bauer...
And, in case you haven't heard - Dorian Rhodell...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Derren
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Martini, Howie Swartzman and IMHO ME.

Just kidding about the me

Jeff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Unsung card gods (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL