We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Robert Ripley (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
This is certainly the best place to post this especially when considering the name of this section of the Café.

I'm looking for old audio of Ripley (preferably online). Does anybody happen to know of any places where this can be found? Thus far I've been able to come across only one thing.

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I would guess that you checked the Ripley's website. By the way, there is some great footage of sideshow performers from the past on that site. For all that read Dan Mannix's book Memoirs of a Sword Swallower (also titled Step Right Up)you will find footage of the Great Waldo on that site.

There was a documentary on Ripley done a few years ago on TBS. I think it was calle the Fabulous Mr. Ripley. I think it was done in 1999 or so. There was a lot of footage of Ripley in that.
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
I managed to score a 3 CD set of his radio show while on vacation at Borders. It's allright, but the sound needs to be re fed through a mixer and get the sound corrected.
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
The Borders near me isn't a huge vacation destination, but thanks for the heads up. Just kidding.
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Nah, we were looking for a starbucks for a huge amount of espresso while we take hwy (spooky)95 from Reno to Las Vegas and found Borders, might as well wander about and find something to throw into the cd player.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Robert Ripley (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL