The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Flash Burst vs. FISM Flash (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Illusion77
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
I was wondering if someone who has used either or both items could give me their honest opinion of the effect called "Flash Burst" which looks like a streamlined version of the FISM Flash that was available years ago.

Here's the description of Flash Burst:

"Flash Burst is a brilliant flash of light from nowhere! Imagine doing any one of your favorite routines and highlighting the point of magic witha brilliant flash of light. Your hands are completely empty AND in complete view; yet this inexplicable flash happens just inches from spectators! What's more, the unit resets automatically, can be used over and over, and is completely safe.

Use the flash Burst when vanishing or producing any object for an added special effect!

Comb your hair then touch the comb to your finger and have a flash appear!

Drop a flashcube in a plastic bag. Hold the bag in front of you. Now appear to concentrate, and there's a flash. It looks like it came from the flashcube!

Pick up a spoon and a fork. Rub them on the tablecloth and when you touch them, a flash appears!

Even use it with a vanishing Birdcage!

Produce a live dove from a flash of light.

Enhances any effect and looks like real magic!

No matter how you use the flash Burst your audience will gasp in amazement. flash Burst comes with professionally crafted gimmick and complete instructions."

I used to own a FISM Flash and found it to be a bit cumbersome. How does Flash Burst compare to this? Once you have the effect "in place", is it easy to use, comfortable to wear, and practical in its use? How small is the unit - can you hide it with regular clothing, without a jacket?

Also, is the flash bright enough to be seen through a darker color shirt (as in the photo on the HP site)?

Thanks!
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I'm still waiting for my 'flash burst' as part of that order is on back order for a week. This topic was recently discussed here and prompted me to order. I understand the flash is similar but most importantly, the reset time was only a second.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=11
Illusion77
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Hi Randy - thanks for your response! I did see that other thread, but I was hoping to find out a little more specific info.

I had a FISM Flash years ago, but sold it because it was slightly too big and bulky to wear. I don't wear jackets and will be performing this in a close-up situation, so I'm looking for something a little more streamlined.

I'd love to know your thoughts once you've received it.

Thanks again!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-10-16 18:34, RandyStewart wrote:
I'm still waiting for my 'flash burst' as part of that order is on back order for a week. This topic was recently discussed here and prompted me to order. I understand the flash is similar but most importantly, the reset time was only a second.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=11


Back order? Where did you order it so we can avoid that place.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Sorry for the confusion. One of the items on my list was made to order which has caused the delay in shipping of other items to include Flash Burst. I had requested combined shipping to save on shipping costs. However I was aware of the delay before placing order and will be receiving it later this week. I'll post my opinions of the gadget ASAP.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2725 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I've owned flash burst for long time and I love it. it is compact and packs a nice punch! also you can order different color bulbs if that fits your venue. I also like the fact that you can put the trigger in your shoe and activate it with one of your toes. when I had tried to purchase fism flash, I found out that it wasnt being produced at that time, so the only way to get it was used. so I bought flash burst brand new and couldn't be happier Smile you can get it at hocus-pocus.com just type it in the product search bar
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Illusion77
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Thanks Lunatik - one question - how big is the belt pack? Can you hide it easily with an untucked t-shirt or dress shirt?

ok - 2 questions - can you be wearing a darker color shirt with this?
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I have FISM flash.. how big is Flash Burst in comparision?

Thanks,

John
sharpace
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of sharpace
I own both. Flash Burst is not as bright as Fism Flash . Flash Brust cannot penetrate through a darker color shirt . I have use Fism Flash for 4 years never have a problem. Sure fires every time . I have sold out my Flash Brust. I highly recommend Fism Fash. Go to get it if you can find one .

Hope this help.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Illusion77 I understand your question regarding the flash through dark clothes. I wasn't concerned with the flash being slightly less bright than FISM Flash by Cornelius as I secure the flash to the inside and right on the edge of my coat.

What compelled me was activation with my foot. I suppose you could rig anything that has a wire including FISM Flash but, although not afraid of anything, wiring devices scares me. The flash is to be used during a manipulation act and as with other hidden equipment within my act, I'll put up with any rigging or discomfort to achieve even the slightest effect - every effect I choose has it's purpose and contributes to an overall impression and presentation worth exercising.

I think I'd be happy with either FISM Flash or Flash Burst as I can tolerant and work with the cons of either design. When I first saw FISM Flash several years ago, it was presented to me with the flash cube in a bag. I hadn't thought about it's application in my own act until recently.

I do know the presenter had the bulb pinned down in such a way that the flash would be visible and quite bright regardless of color clothes worn. You'd have to lock the thing in a safe to not be seen! Hehehehehe. Again, I'm refering to FISM Flash by Cornelius which is just a fantastic device.
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
I got a FISM flash several years ago...it works great. My concern...and this applies to both John Cornelius and Steve Dusheck is that both of them have quit producing items. They are frustrated in that every time they produce something, it gets knocked off. Because of this, they have decided "why bother."

Bob
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2005-10-18 00:47, bobn3 wrote:
I got a FISM flash several years ago...it works great. My concern...and this applies to both John Cornelius and Steve Dusheck is that both of them have quit producing items. They are frustrated in that every time they produce something, it gets knocked off. Because of this, they have decided "why bother."
Bob


Yes, we have probably seen the last of the brilliant items from John Cornelius.
I had mentioned to him about Kenton Knepper selling knock offs of thought transmitter
and John said he didn't see why inventors bothered anymore. He also said he felt he really got copied a lot on thought transmitter. Sad.

James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-10-18 02:18, Xiqual wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-10-18 00:47, bobn3 wrote:
I got a FISM flash several years ago...it works great. My concern...and this applies to both John Cornelius and Steve Dusheck is that both of them have quit producing items. They are frustrated in that every time they produce something, it gets knocked off. Because of this, they have decided "why bother."
Bob


Yes, we have probably seen the last of the brilliant items from John Cornelius.
I had mentioned to him about Kenton Knepper selling knock offs of thought transmitter
and John said he didn't see why inventors bothered anymore. He also said he felt he really got copied a lot on thought transmitter. Sad.

James


What knock off has Kenton done?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2005-10-18 23:31, MagicChris wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-10-18 02:18, Xiqual wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-10-18 00:47, bobn3 wrote:
I got a FISM flash several years ago...it works great. My concern...and this applies to both John Cornelius and Steve Dusheck is that both of them have quit producing items. They are frustrated in that every time they produce something, it gets knocked off. Because of this, they have decided "why bother."
Bob


Yes, we have probably seen the last of the brilliant items from John Cornelius.
I had mentioned to him about Kenton Knepper selling knock offs of thought transmitter
and John said he didn't see why inventors bothered anymore. He also said he felt he really got copied a lot on thought transmitter. Sad.

James


What knock off has Kenton done?


He was selling a thought transmitter knockoff and a crystal car [which is a knockoff too, so it was a knock knockoff]
A few other items on his webpage. It's just funny how he preaches about stealing and he sells that crap.

James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
1908
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
Yes,its really funny since I recieved many emails from Kenton website about stealing,ethics and respecting the originator-inventor but he sells knockoffs!Thats magic in 2005...
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Trouble is if people support these rip-off merchants, buy buying 'crap' from them, they will continue to knock of others ideas. Personally, I refuse to buy from people who have ripped of others ideas like Knepper, and I think others should do the same, perhaps they will learn.

Anyway, back to topic, does anyone know where I can find a fism flash or flash burst, have searched and no luck, but there must be some about.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2005-10-19 10:57, MagicMcQuade wrote:
Anyway, back to topic, does anyone know where I can find a fism flash or flash burst, have searched and no luck, but there must be some about.


For FISM Flash you can go directly to the Cornelius site.

Hank Lee and Hocus Pocus currently offer Flash Burst. For Flash Burst there seems to be a $10 difference between the two vendors so check them both out and take your pick.
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Thanks Randy.

Now I just need to decide which one to go for :-( Maybe ill flip a coin!
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
I was disappointed when my FISM Flash broke almost a year ago. Is there anyone that fixes these things? Also, do they still sell the toe switches or is it just a matter of finding one? Or would it be better just to find another or try flash burst because I'm not sure exactly why it's broke (I think it's the bulb or filament parts inside). So that's three questions in one if anyone can point me in the right direction on this. Thanks!
Sincerely,
Mack Magic
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I went to Cornelius site and there doesn't seem to be any repair service available. How long have you had the FISM Flash? It may just need the bulb replaced. I wonder if a technician at a camera shop would be able to rig the thing. If you get lucky you may find someone at a Radio Shack who can help you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Flash Burst vs. FISM Flash (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL