The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jay Sankeys Revolutionary card magic. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I was wondering if this is worth getting, it looks pretty good, but I want to get some info from people who have watched this. also, look at my post in the coin magic forum, I am also looking to get "revolutionary coin magic". Thanks.
Amir
View Profile
Loyal user
New York.
296 Posts

Profile of Amir
I thought it sucked. It had a couple good stuff, but too many gimmicks and definitely not Revolutionary. Definitely NOT worth 60 bucks. Go get something like Mike Ammars Easy to Master Card Miracles (ETMCM), those are truly revolutionary.
Ask any pro magician, and they'll say that ETMCM are classics. Ya gotta have 'em.

But make up your own mind. I could be terribly mistaken.
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
Someday Jay Sankey will release only his best stuff. It will truly be a great DVD, about twenty effects drawn from all of his material. Until then, I wouldn't recommend paying top dollar for this DVD or any of his other recent product just to get the two or three effects off of it that you might actually use. Sankey long ago lost his edge. He's really going for quantity over quality it seems.
dead_man
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of dead_man
Quote:
On 2005-10-17 15:58, scorch wrote:
Someday Jay Sankey will release only his best stuff. It will truly be a great DVD, about twenty effects drawn from all of his material. Until then, I wouldn't recommend paying top dollar for this DVD or any of his other recent product just to get the two or three effects off of it that you might actually use. Sankey long ago lost his edge. He's really going for quantity over quality it seems.

I agree. I had these dvds, not worth $60. a good sankey dvd, it paper clipped. I love it.
If the eyes are the window to the soul, you're not going to like the view.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Yes I heard that one was good, I forget the effect tho, I will go back to penguin and watch it. Dead_man, are you the guy I was talking to on magic broadcast a few months ago? Im cardkid, how old are you?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I don't have Rev. Card Magic but some of his newer titles like Front Row Sankey and his latest, Anytime Anywhere have some great stuff on it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
One of the worst DVD's ever made, by anyone. Big let down from such a cerative guy.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Well, I didn't think it was half bad, but I got it very cheap, since Jay sells his products marked down about 40% at lectures. I enjoyed watching it, and the slights section is really well explained. The downside is that most of the tricks require a special item custom made for that trick (which you have to make yourself) but there were a few pretty good effects. I thought Cardivores was fantastic, and so was the "Crazy Gene" trick (which name I forget). If you can get it cheap, it's worth looking at. Definately not as good as Rev. Coin Magic, but the slieghts alone are very well taught and the DVD is well laid out.
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
Even at a 40% discount, that's still almost forty bucks, not a very good bargain just to get "a few pretty good effects." That's about par for the course these days for Sankey's stuff, unfortunately.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
What tricks does he teach that do not require gimmicks? What are the effects?
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Just ran into this post and remembered a review I wrote a while back on this DVD set:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;start=0
I hope it helps.

digitaltrip
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Thank you very much! That helped alot! I will definatley be getting it!
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
I also picked this up at a lecture and have to admit, there are, off the top of my head, 5-6 workers in this series. C'mon, maybe not the best video he's ever made, but he's definitely not loosing his edge. Check out "Greatest Hits" or "Front Row Sankey" and tell me you wouldn't want to be able to do the stuff half as well as he does.
jrandcc
View Profile
Regular user
New York
141 Posts

Profile of jrandcc
If you want decent sankey stuff get the Very Best of Jay Sankey. I have seen many dvds by Sankey, and some are good, some are ok, and others I couldn't believe were released.

If you want good Sankey stuff that's practical for performing for laymen, get the Very Best of Jay Sankey.

As for some other decent stuff. If you like off beat coin stuff get Revolutionary Coin Magic, and if you like mentalism get 22 blows to the head.

If you have more $ to spend get some of the other stuff.

hope this helps
Josh

by the way the better sleights(in my opinion) that are taught on Revolutionary Card magic like the 1 hand top palm, eardnase color change, whichita slip and the pass are taught well on the Very Best of Jay Sankey also.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jay Sankeys Revolutionary card magic. (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL