The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Is there such a Wallet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well I see what your saying. But I usually do Heirloom which has the same principle to KK.
You do have a good ppoint but I wanted a direct CTW effect as well. I have the effect worked out. Just need to incorporate the wallet that I'm looking for.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-10-19 16:14, Werner G. Seitz wrote:
Let me tell you what I use as a hippocket wallet.

First though, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the RMW, which I own too, BUT my wish always was to use a zippered compartment.

The wallet I found is extremely well made, actually as well made as the RMW, the leather is top rate and I use it as my everyday hippocketwallet.

The picture on that site actually even shows, how great the wallet looks, eg. even the 'leather'.

http://www.funinc.com/xcart/customer/pro......p;page=1

There are countless slots for creditcards, a great billcompartment and a lot of other fascilities, the RMW (re an everyday wallet) doesn't have.

There though isn't included a loader, one has to make up one oneselfes, but, due to the constuction of the wallet, one also can load a crd without any loader.
This is due too the 'curve' of the folded wallet, that acts as a guide for the fingers.

I only can give my highest praise re this wallet, if it was rubbish, I wouldn't use it..

Here are the dimensions of the guide I made.

Easy to make, you just have to find a thin/elastisc/stiff piece of plastic you cut preferable with a hobby-knife and a ruler and round the corners with small scissors.

The colour of it should be black..

I actually did use the plastic of an old TDK videotape cover/case, but they probably don't come anymore in plastic these days, the one I used was over 20 years old..

The thickness of the sheet is .022 inch

Size:
3.080 x 3.61 inches

My highest recommendation re this prop...

One thing I though might have to mention is, that one has to learn to handle that wallet *the correct way* when removing it, as one side of it shouldn't get into view.
Now, this is absolutely no problem, when you have found out the how to do it naturally.

Basically- for those in the know- the wallet is pulled out/up from the right backpocket so the thumb covers the *slot* completely, your hand is parallel to the body, meaning the thumbs tip point directly to the specs, the wallet is at right angles to the thumbs lenght, wallet pointing to the left.

Simply pull it out as above, bring it forward as described and then the right hand does turn inwards at the wrist placing the wallet into the left hand.
Herefrom you open the wallet and proceed.

The handling looks 100% natural, you just pull the wallet out and open it.
Covering the slot is automatic, as you can feel it when you remove the wallet from the backpocket.

I know the above sounds complicated, but having the wallet at hand makes it easy to understand..there is NO move here, the wallet is just removed from the hippocket and opened! Smile

If there is a demand, maybe Frank Starsini would take it up in his line of products ?

Werner, isn't this a knock off of Mesika's Wallet?

Either way, you can do a mercury fold and not have to use a guide. The card folded up is quite amazing.

I'd cut off that strap ( what guy carries a wallet with a strap? ) and if the metal snap bothers you, remove it or color it. Then you'd have a fine 'real man's wallet" that is very easy to load.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Keep them coming. There has to be the end all to all of them.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
OK here goes. The wallet from Magic Makers/Penguin as many of their products are, is a ripoff. It is a Mesika wallet from Yigal Mesika. I used one of these til I found one of Yigal's and realized it is the same. Actually, I had 3 of them. The zipper on the compartment had broken off 3 times. I use this wallet professionally constantly and on a normal gig, will produce a card from this wallet 15-20 times a night. No one has ever said anything about the zipper, or the snap. Find one from Yigal and get the original.
I also have an Escalano wallet from Paul Wilson that is absolutely beautiful, have only used it a few times. Also the pro wallet (I think it's called) from Randy Wakeman. The one that people always talk about is the Mesika wallet, because it is folded up.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Does anyone know what kind of wallet is used by John Guastaferro in Detour? Thanks.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
And yet another one. is it on his DVD I'm still waiting on these. Tell me more.
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
373 Posts

Profile of JohnG
On my DVDs, I used (and still use) the Keith Bennet Hip Wallet. Unfortunatley, it doesn't seem these are available any more. They are discontinued on all the magic sites I've visited - event Bennet's own site.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Don't abandon me guys were almost there.
So I guess its down to three:
Mesika Wallet
Real mans Wallet
Peter Scarlett's Pimpernell Notecase

Anything else fellas?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-10-19 22:08, JohnG wrote:
On my DVDs, I used (and still use) the Keith Bennet Hip Wallet. Unfortunatley, it doesn't seem these are available any more. They are discontinued on all the magic sites I've visited - event Bennet's own site.

Because of John's BRILLIANT routine "Detour" on his DVD ( he has 2 DVD's and you should get them both ) I started using a wallet like the one he used so I could do John's routine. You could use any wallet, but I just like this style. It's the Ultra Slim Card to Wallet and it's a breeze to use. There's one for sale in the Café at the link below, for a GREAt price.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......76&1

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Another one. Not making this easy. Ok people its 4:33 in the morning now I have about an hour to make a decision. Lets help a magi out come on come on come on. Oh and thanks in advance for you guys help.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Paisa23, it's wallet, not a sports car you're buying. Buy one. You don't like it, sell it and buy another one.

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I know I know but I'm An l like that. Sorry, you have to understand I am at work in a locked room doing security looking for a wallet for literally about 12 hours, I will honestly feel that if I don't come to a conclusion I will have wasted my night. And before anyone says anything no I do have a life I'm STUCK in here untill 6 in the morning I CANT leave even if I wanted to. So I need to come out with something. LOL sad right? Go ahead STEP INTO THE BLUE
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I've had jobs like that. You're getting paid, so you're not waisting your time searching. Pretend they're apying yu to find a wallet.

Pick one, buy it and go t sleep when the shift is over.

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok I finnaly decided and I went with The Real Mans Wallet.
But please by now means don't let that stop you guys. If I don't like it I will be open to other suggestions.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2005-10-19 18:49, MagicChris wrote:
Werner, isn't this a knock off of Mesika's Wallet?

Either way, you can do a mercury fold and not have to use a guide. The card folded up is quite amazing.

I'd cut off that strap ( what guy carries a wallet with a strap? ) and if the metal snap bothers you, remove it or color it. Then you'd have a fine 'real man's wallet" that is very easy to load.
MagicChris, I don't know the Mesika's Wallet, though I earlier tried to locate it, but it isn't/wasn't available anymore.

It might well use the same principle, I don't know..

Nevertheless I didn't have any choice then to get the one I got, apart from it really is incredibly well made.
You are correct re the strap, I don't like it, but it doesn't matter.
Apart from one has to (almost) be a skillful 'magician' to close the metal snap Smile
Re the folded card thingy, I must admit I'm not at all fond of it using a wallet.
I would prefer to use a ring-box instead to produce a folded and signed card, not the wallet.

Quote:
On 2005-10-20 00:14, MagicChris wrote:
.... There's one for sale in the Café at the link below, for a GREAt price.

Sure.. but don't forget to read the review from a buyer! Smile
http://www.emagictricks.co.uk/product_re......s_id=258
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-10-20 06:45, Werner G. Seitz wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-10-20 00:14, MagicChris wrote:
.... There's one for sale in the Café at the link below, for a GREAt price.

Sure.. but don't forget to read the review from a buyer! Smile
http://www.emagictricks.co.uk/product_re......s_id=258

Werner that's a good link. The reviewer says:

"I really didn't like this wallet at all. I took it out of the packet, looked at it and knew instantly I didn't wnt to perform with it. The wallet itself is very thin as promised and very easy to load, even in your jeans pocket, However the 'No-Slide' leaves a questionably obvious 'coin compartment' on the outside of the wallet which is actually quite considerate considering the inside of the wallet has space for cash, reciepts and one - count em - ONE credit card or business card."

Well, The coin compartment never has to be shown. I use it to carry my coins when table hopping. The fact that it's so easy to use without a guide/glide is a BIG selling pojnt.

You could add to the wallet and make it carry more, but why? You lose their signed card, bring out the wallet, let THEM unzip it and pull out the card. They'll see some cash in their and will never think where are the credit cards.

The ultra slim is a great little worker. IF you see John G's routine with the same type of wallet, you'll see how it kills!

Chris Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
242 Posts

Profile of Chris Miller
Paisa, Well - I seem to have missed the deadline for a response, but here's my two cents worth: I recently purchased the Pimpernel Notecase (wallet) specifically for Heirloom. I can tell you that the PN works great in this regard because of all the pockets. I had been doing heirloom in my regular tri-fold wallet, and it was so cramped and getting in the way of regular life's cash and receipts going in and out of the wallet. Thus, the need for a magic wallet. While I do not use the PN as a regular wallet, it could be used that way while still being loaded up. I keep some cash in the wallet to facilitate the heirloom hiding, and I also keep my Hundy 500 in there. Lots of room for cash! The card-to-wallet is great, too, but you should know that it is a no-palm card to wallet method, and I know some people prefer the palming versions. I've had great reactions to the PN card to wallet method, however. If you choose to do the card-to-wallet and have the PN be your regular wallet with license/bank cards, some special considerations are in order. I won't say them here for exposure reasons, but you can PM me if curious. In all, the PN is a nice sized wallet. It still seems a little large to me because it is bi-fold and I am used to tri-fold, but it does fit in my back pocket. It is very flexible, and I love using it for heirloom over my old wallet.

Chris
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-10-20 15:53, Magical_Mystifier wrote:
Paisa, Well - I seem to have missed the deadline for a response, but here's my two cents worth: I recently purchased the Pimpernel Notecase (wallet) specifically for Heirloom. I can tell you that the PN works great in this regard because of all the pockets. I had been doing heirloom in my regular tri-fold wallet, and it was so cramped and getting in the way of regular life's cash and receipts going in and out of the wallet. Thus, the need for a magic wallet. While I do not use the PN as a regular wallet, it could be used that way while still being loaded up. I keep some cash in the wallet to facilitate the heirloom hiding, and I also keep my Hundy 500 in there. Lots of room for cash! The card-to-wallet is great, too, but you should know that it is a no-palm card to wallet method, and I know some people prefer the palming versions. I've had great reactions to the PN card to wallet method, however. If you choose to do the card-to-wallet and have the PN be your regular wallet with license/bank cards, some special considerations are in order. I won't say them here for exposure reasons, but you can PM me if curious. In all, the PN is a nice sized wallet. It still seems a little large to me because it is bi-fold and I am used to tri-fold, but it does fit in my back pocket. It is very flexible, and I love using it for heirloom over my old wallet.

Chris

The Pimpernel is a beauty, but not a great card to wallet. The ad says after the card is signed and lost in the deck:
"at no time does the wallet go anywhere near the deck!"

I love that. But, then it says:
"The performer removes one card from the deck and places it in a transparent window in the wallet".

Guess what? That cancels the staement that the wallet doesn't go anywhere near the deck.

I won't get into the specifics, but the illusion is ruined. You get into magician nonsense then ( you knwo, guys that can't find your card over and over again ).

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok playing with my RMW and its not giving me what I needed. Im upset now. Your right about the 8 outs for Heirloom. But now its only a bifold and I cant fit my 2 credit cards
illuminati
heirloom
drivers licence
military ID
Heirloom letter and Hundy 500. Ok well I think you guys might be tired of this Thread but if anyone has anything to say I would really love to hear it. Or please feel free to PM me.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok I'm thinking of reducing a little bit by lamenating four pictures
My wife
me and my wife
My "Pride and Joy"Gaff
"MY KIDS" Gaff
and putting illuminatti as a separate piece maybe in a packet trick wallet.
That might give me the outs that I need.
Who here has been working with the RMW long enough to tell me how much more relaxed it will get? I mean right now its brand new so I'm not sure. Also will the card compartment ever become loose enough that the licence wont stay out for the guide?

Also what would be good idea as a divider in the bill compartment slot. In my regular wallet I have a leather divider for it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Is there such a Wallet? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL