The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » ATA Cases Available from MagicAuction.com? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Nick...Did you happen to notice if the cases were all truck packing dimensions?

Truck pack dimensions are 22˝ inches, 30 inches, or multiples of those dimensions. This allows the most cases in the smallest amount of space. MOst bands and production companies use this, but I don't know of any touring magic show that does. Granted the cases are made to fit the prop, not the truck, but a few inches can go a long ways.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
581 Posts

Profile of Tony S
Jack,
I've got a nice workshop out in my garage and was considering building some cases myself. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me who supplies your ATA parts. I'm just starting the process of investigating suppliers.

Thanks,
Tony
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
All of the cases in the truck were of different sizes (although, I'd say that about 60-70 % of them were either 22.5 or 30 inches/ a multiples of them), each one was sized to fit its contents like a glove. But the lighting/production company seemed to have worked out how to pack their space in the most effective manner, despite the differing sizes. In the end that is what is most important, learning how to effectively pack your cases into your space as effectively as possible.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
All I have to say is some great insight here. Great post guys and good information.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
I was in Jack's shop a couple of weeks ago... with me was a well known illusion designer(I do not name drop)...he commented on Jack's high quality work as well as his ability to include free ATA cases for his props. My friend also gave high marks on Jack's "no-bolt assembly". My opinion is that for the price Dream Illusions builds the best ATA cases.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
I spoke to Jack a couple times on the phone.... Great guy, he just builds an item I want so bad a bit TOO big for me....... But there is also a company out of NY that builds cases very nice, fast, and reasonable in price... I had two cases built in three days...... YES THREE DAYS.... and they only cost about $325 each.... When other companies were pricing them at $500-$600 each.... and one at $900 (YIKES) with a 2 to 4 week turn around......
And yes, they are high quality... They have traveled more then 7000 miles in the past two months.... and still look awesome... and they are on their way to the next destination.... Now only if I can find the magic spell to keep customs from opening them....

I think many magician will agree with me cases are very important for the working magician. One case I had built one time cost about $200 and I bought the prop used for $150....... hmm... somethings just does not "fit." .... But who wants to arrive to the show with broken props and missing parts?

Guys, I solute you for loading and trucking your own stuff.... I always use a trucking/shipping or a production company to hall and move the equipment.... I am just lazy when it comes to physical labor, that is why I became a magician.. hehehe (joke)

Ohh Steve,,,, Have you been leaving the color of the case question blank on the Bax Global shipping form? -WINK-
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I just wanted to add myself to the list of satisfied customers of custom ATA cases made by Jack Murray of Dream Illusions.

After an extensive email exchange, wherein Jack had me measure, and then re-measure my head chopper, I received my custom made ata case in just 3 days. The chopper fits perfectly, and I am still in disbelief at just how fast this man can work! Needless to say, it is without reservation that I recommend to anyone seeking a custom ata case to contact Jack. He is a real plesure to work with. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » ATA Cases Available from MagicAuction.com? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL