The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » I could use some words of encouragement... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ruaturtle
View Profile
Regular user
Gastonia, NC
113 Posts

Profile of ruaturtle
Hello all... I hope that it is Ok to post this here but right now I just need to hear some friendly words. My marriage of 20 years has ended. Everything is just so out-of-control. Its hard to think straight or really do anything right now. I know in my brain that it will be OK... I know that I have a lot to offer this world but right now its all I can do to keep it together. Please wish me luck and if you'd like to pray for me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks...
I have found that I do not suffer from insanity... instead I rather enjoy it! : )

Poodle... the other white meat.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
You got it man. Take care and hang in there. It won't be easy, but this too shall pass.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Hey there! By no means am I trying to make light of your situation, but if I can handle my ex-husband walking out on me when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant and come out of the whole ordeal with some resemblance of sanity, I'm sure you will land on your feet. The dissolution of any marriage, no matter how short or long, will take some tme to recover. The one thing you need to remember is that you are suffering a death (the death of your marriage), and you need to properly go through each of the stages of grief. It will take time, and only you can be the judge of how long it will take. Rest assured, things do get better, but it will take time.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Only the toughest steel gets to go through the fire (that's you!).

Like some of the folks here, I could go on and on about my own past losses and difficulties but am currently enjoying life as a survivor of such moments in life.

You have your good days enroute this very moment. Like Margarette suggested, work through it slowly and progressively.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
In the words of a very wise person - "This, too, shall pass..."

I've been through a couple of divorces, one amicable (we're still good friends) and one downright brutal. I can only hope and pray that yours goes the route that my first one did.

if you need to talk, my number's on my web page, bro.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
ruaturtle
View Profile
Regular user
Gastonia, NC
113 Posts

Profile of ruaturtle
Thanks for the kind words.... they mean alot.
I have found that I do not suffer from insanity... instead I rather enjoy it! : )

Vincent
View Profile
Loyal user
New York Metro Area
270 Posts

Profile of Vincent
Good Morning,

I Just Read Of Your Situation And Can Identify With It First Hand.

The Only Thing That I Noticed When I Went Through A Similar Situation Was That Time Did Heal All Wounds.

Being Surrounded By Family And Friends Helped Quite A Bit.

I Went From The Darkness To The Light...

...It Just Took Some Time.

Keep The Faith My Friend And When All Else Fails Go Fishin!!

Only The Best,

Vincent Smile Smile Smile
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Hang in there. I went through a hellious divorce that not only ended the marriage but tried to steal my business.

It was only through my good friends in magic that I am here. It will pass.

I know it cliche, but God never gives us more than we can handle. Hang in there. Enjoy what you can, feel the rest and move through it. You will be a better person when it is all done.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
My thoughts are with you. Losses like this typically make you feel like everything is out of control. Whenever you feel like this, it's difficult to know where to start to get things under control again. It's very easy just to throw your hands up in the air and give up. There's so much to do, that you don't do anything! I've found from experience that the very best way is just to do SOMETHING, however small. Once you feel that you are starting to achieve something, continuing becomes much easier. You build momentum. How do you eat an elephant? One piece at a time!

Do you have kids? If so, the most important thing is not to force them to choose between the two parents they love. You both have to be there for them, supporting them through this difficult time.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
I don't know you, but I 'feel' ya man...

Hang in there and if you need an ear, PM me.

Take care.

Prof. Piper
:juggle:
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Before I opened this thread, I noticed your avatar and that you were from NC.
I am a NC native and it looks like you may be fishing there on the coast.
I grieve for you and with you.
I would be more than happy to visit with you at anytime.
There are no quick fix answers or magical words.

Lee's words are good words. This will pass away. Troube is, when you are in the midst of it, it is hard to beleive.
Hang in there, friend. Let me know if I can help.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
ruaturtle
View Profile
Regular user
Gastonia, NC
113 Posts

Profile of ruaturtle
Once again... thank you all for your kind words. It is getting a bit easier as each day passes. I can already see that there will be bright days ahead. Take care all and hug the one you're with each and every day...

Parson, you are correct. That there is fishing on the NC coast... : )

GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Sorry to hear about your situation but I applaud your guts for sharing it and reaching out. It is good to see the replies as well, I bet it must warm your heart to read the encouragements from "strangers" on a magic forum. But it is an awesome thing too. I wish you well and will pray for you as you go through this.
God bless you and give you His peace.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » I could use some words of encouragement... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL