The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Ormond McGill Passes Away (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3590 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Ormond McGill, Dean of the National Guild of Hypnotists passed away earlier today. He was 92. Author of the Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism and many books on hypnosis and magic, Ormond was well known and well loved by those that knew him. No immediate plans have been announced at this time concerning funeral or memorial services.

With deepest regret at his passing,

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I was saddened to hear the same from an email received a few minutes ago. His books were an inspiration to all interested in hypnosis and psychic magic. I remember getting his books published years ago by Abbott's while in high school. Great stuff in them that inspire magicians today. He will be missed.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7346 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Ormond was a dear person that unfortunately I only knew casually.

We had some talks on hypnotism at Collector's many years ago. He had just a gentle touch and manner in working with subjects. Reminded you of an old time minister.

He had me build him a new botania to replace his original Marshall from the 50's. He also gave me a complete script for his Triple Floral Tube presentation which he said I could publish. Maybe someday, it will happen.

Rest in peace dear man.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1592 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
He was the most impressive magician I 've ever seen.
Psychic Magic was the first magic book(s) I ever bought. The chapter on the presenting the miracle needs to be tatooed on anybody who wants to do mental or bizarre magic.
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Ormond McGill Passes Away (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL