We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Copperfield stunt... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1297 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Repeat Post from media section:

I heard on the radio today, I find it hard to believe, that Copperfield will impregnate a woman on stage and not touch her. They quoted a german newspaper (magazine).
If this is true... They said he is trying do out do Blaine and Angel.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
This illusion has been in his show for years. This is old news.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Yes, old news. I have seen it in his show, too. You have to see his show!
-Tyler
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
Hahahahaha.....

OK.....

Hahahahaha.

That is just ridiculous. Get a woman pregnant?What a magical effect*sarcasm.*Seriously,It is magical when a baby is born out of love. That is just plain beauty at it's finest. Get a woman pregnant and leave her there like whatevers....I don't think that a)sends a good message and b)aside from screaming STOOGE does any magic at all. Where's the logic to that? I bet you every laymen will think and may be right about how it is done......

I guess the competition is on. What ever hapenned to magic as an art? No one cares for that they just want to do the COOLEST SPECIAL EFFECT. Big deal....become MAGICIANS not STUNT MEN.

Oh I have so many mixed feelings.....

Whatever.................

Forget Copperfield and Angel. They are weak.......(just voicing my opinion on the COMPETITION.)
brianmayo
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of brianmayo
Unilogo, see the show, then you will know how ridiculous and unnecessary your post just was.
elmago
View Profile
Loyal user
Northridge- Los Angeles, CA
268 Posts

Profile of elmago
I heard this last night on the tonight show with Jay Leno. "Impregnating a woman without touching her, that's not new. Micheal Jackson has been doing that for years."
"Excellence is not a single act; it's a habit" Shaq quoting Aristotle after winning NBA MVP.
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
Ridiculous- I guess that is a subjective thought.
Not Necessary-Maybe.

All I know is that Mr. Copperfield got labeled #43 in the most "cheesetastic" Tv stars. Cool magic image man!*sarcasm*

Listen, Magic has to move on. It is just BEYOND DEPRESSING no one seems to give a ****.

I concider magic an art and people treat it as a practical joke or an illusion. (every magician I know except for me...and I know it sounds extremely cocky but I find it to be true.)

Now again,

It really does nothing for magic when someone is trying to gain so much attention when you are SCREAMING to get it.

Specially when A)you are EXTRA cheesy or b)Plainly nerd or weird acting.

Hell the thing everyone is trying to figure out is how Copperfield got THAT girl.(you know who)...haha. If you fail to understand the last comment I guess its a Unilogo and mainstream thing you wouldn't understand.Sorry....
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Quote:
On 2005-10-21 20:53, unilogo wrote:
Ridiculous- I guess that is a subjective thought.
Not Necessary-Maybe.

All I know is that Mr. Copperfield got labeled #43 in the most "cheesetastic" Tv stars. Cool magic image man!*sarcasm*

Listen, Magic has to move on. It is just BEYOND DEPRESSING no one seems to give a ****.

I concider magic an art and people treat it as a practical joke or an illusion. (every magician I know except for me...and I know it sounds extremely cocky but I find it to be true.)

Now again,

It really does nothing for magic when someone is trying to gain so much attention when you are SCREAMING to get it.

Specially when A)you are EXTRA cheesy or b)Plainly nerd or weird acting.

Hell the thing everyone is trying to figure out is how Copperfield got THAT girl.(you know who)...haha. If you fail to understand the last comment I guess its a Unilogo and mainstream thing you wouldn't understand.Sorry....

Well, I feel very sorry for you that you have no other magician friends that treat magic as an art. But, you do live in the land if cheese that is Las Vegas, where cheesy is king. I lived there for 6 years and I know how lame some of the performers are out there. I have not seen this illusion the Copperfield does with the girl, but who knows it could be very funny. I don't think that it would be performed seriously, but you never know, I would first check it out then make your comment either one way or the other. I feel your pain about other performers and that is why I created the type of show that I do. I will be in Vegas from November 28th through December 1st at The Paris, I would love for you to come and see the show if you would like. Just PM me and I will give you more details.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
I didn't like this particular segment of David's show, but it was entertaining. The part I had a problem with was at the end of the routine where David just sends the woman on her way (even though she's supposed to be pregnant with his child).

Although the bit was funny, IMO the underlying message of the routine lacks family values. I don't see how this routine could end morally, maybe that's why I didn't really care for it. In any event, I don't think it should be a part of a family show even though it had some entertaining moments.

If you make a rabbit disappear a child will ask what happened to the rabbit if it doesn't reappear. I wonder how many children asked their parents what happened to the baby after the woman left the stage.
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
820 Posts

Profile of e-man
Didn't God do this trick once?
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
No, you're thinking of the Man Out of Clay illusion. Or maybe the follow-up -- pulling the rib out of his just-created man, and turning it into a woman. Nice effect -- he would have performed it surrounded, had there been people.

The Impregnating a Woman Without Touch was performed by his assistant, Angel of the Lord. (No relation to Criss.)
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
"INPREGNATE A WOMAN FROM ACROSS THE STAGE? IM SURE MAGICIANS WILL BE LINING UP DOWN THE STREET TO STEAL THAT TRICK" we need help
Who is Tattoo Joe?
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
In DC's show, do we have to wait 9 months to see the results? Or does the baby come out in a few finger flicks?

Not everyone will be able to see this show and who is to say that when you do see the show, that it will be included?

Can someone please explain what the illusion is all about? How it is performed and what exactly is done to the girl? Impregnating a girl conjures up so many visions in my head!!!!
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Quote:
On 2005-10-27 17:58, Joe Russell wrote:
"INPREGNATE A WOMAN FROM ACROSS THE STAGE? IM SURE MAGICIANS WILL BE LINING UP DOWN THE STREET TO STEAL THAT TRICK" we need help

I doubt it. Most of us prefer the old-fashioned way. It's MUCH more fun!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Amazing Dick
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Amazing Dick
I'm carrying D.C's illigitimate love child. The amazing part is I'm a guy.
Peace Out !
Amazing Dick
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
For those troubled by the thought of DC's impregnation effect, allow me to assure you it is an eleborate card trick. Now you should be really troubled.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
elmago
View Profile
Loyal user
Northridge- Los Angeles, CA
268 Posts

Profile of elmago
Talk about learning a pass!!!
"Excellence is not a single act; it's a habit" Shaq quoting Aristotle after winning NBA MVP.
Marc Levine
View Profile
Regular user
South Florida
125 Posts

Profile of Marc Levine
Its a comedy card effect. He brings a random lady from the audience to the stage and she picks a card from a deck. With a few comical gestures he claims she is pregnant with his baby. To "prove" it, they show a "live" sonogram of the woman's belly on a big screen. An extremely cute and overdeveloped baby (looks like a computer generated baby appx 6 months old) shows up in black and white on the screen and pulls out a card matching the one the lady chose. that's all. Cute effect, and not nearly as controvesial as the effect is advertised. Hope that clears things up.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Definitely cleared up what the premise of the effect is......sort of creative in a way for a card revelation. Not bad thinking DC.....creatively and promotionally....I know my first thought when I heard about this trick of impregnating I thought man I have to see this and then.....$100 lighter in the pockets I'd be!
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I saw this in his show a few years ago. From what I remember the image of the baby was supposed to be like that of an ultrasound. Except in this ultrasound, the baby pulls out a card. The routine and the parts leading up to were funny, and nothing anybody in the audience took seriously. Kids on the otherhand who knows what they thought. But all the ladies hands went flying up for this one when he asked for a volunteer, continuous screams of excitment from the ladies filled the sounds of the theatre for what seemed like several minutes...that alone was funny. Funny peice.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Copperfield stunt... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL