The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Volcano Wallet Problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
I recently bought Jim Pace's Volcano Wallet. I ran into a couple problems. One thing is that when I press on the button to ignite it, it gets very hot. Would it be a problem if I put a piece of leather over it so it wont burn me? Also, when I light the flash paper, sometimes it falls out of the 'holder' and hit my finger. I just got burnt on my finger. Am I opening up the wallet too much before I light it?
Thanks,
Tyler
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
It's a little odd that the "button" gets that hot, I mean, it does get pretty warm, but you don't have to hold your finger on it for that long - just long enough to ignite the flash paper, once that's achieved (about one second if that !) you don't have to hold it down or anything...

What exactly fell out of the holder, the flash paper ? I don't see how it could ? It goes up in a plume so fast !
Some tips:
* Make sure it's completely dry before trying to use it - flash paper is shipped damp to prevent accidental ignition.
* Start with a piece of flash paper about 3" by 4" - not a whole sheet.
Fold this piece up so that you have a square or rectangle no more than 3/4" wide by 1 1/2 " tall, and when I place it in the "holder", I do so such that the flash paper is snug, and completely surrounds and encompasses the whole loop, both sides.
* Hold the wallet open so that both sides are at an angle to each other of about 90 degrees. Like this ---> / only a little more open than that.
* Hold the entire wallet at about a 45 - 60 degree angle from yourself, to ensure that the wick ignites. If it's too flat, the wick won't ignite.
* Did you read or get the instructions with it ? It's really not that complicated to use, but I wouldn't use it outdoors if it were windy. Considering where you live, that doesn't leave many outdoor options this summer !
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Okay thanks. I was putting a small piece of flash paper in it, but not folding it. It fit too loose and fell out. Thanks for the help!
-Tyler
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3951 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I use a sheet from a flash pad. I then orient the sheet in a horizontal rectangle and cut it into thirds. Each third is folded in half so that I now have a folded vertical rectangle. Those gets cut in half. I then place a prepared piece of the flash paper behind the ignition loop. I find that the flash this creates is enough to ignite the wick if you have the wallet opened at around 50-60 degrees. Conserves a lot of flash paper and it also stays in place.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Volcano Wallet Problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL