The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Schoolcraft Flipper available online?? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

info2victor
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of info2victor
Hey guys, just checked out that hocus-pocus is now selling Jamie's Flipper Coin.

Personally I'm quite excited about this since as far as I remember Jamie himself doesn't accept credit payment directly (and I don't have a paypal) So if his flipper is available via Hocus-Pocus it'd be easier for me to purchase one. Anyway I have to save money for it before it's sold out~

... but is it kind of a mass produced batch or...?
It only takes a minute to learn how it is done, but takes a lifetime to learn how to do it.

You've got a coin?
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
603 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Quote:

Personally I'm quite excited about this since as far as I remember Jamie himself doesn't accept credit payment directly (and I don't have a paypal) So if his flipper is available via hocus-pocus it'd be easier for me to purchase one. Anyway I have to save money for it before it's sold out~

... but is it kind of a mass produced batch or...?

Jamie does indeed accept all major credit cards ... his products no matter where they are for sale, are all the same quality ...
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
I just ordered the WL flipper the other day. I'll post review on it in a couple days.
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
You can pay by credit card with PayPal.

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
Blenderboy
View Profile
New user
Texas
55 Posts

Profile of Blenderboy
I own custom coins made by Lassen and Schoolcraft. They are both outstanding. The main reason why I have more by Schoolcraft is that he his actually responsive. I will send e-mails to Lassen (and also Kueppers) and it might be a half a month at he earliest before I hear from them. I have an order for a few coins off Kueppers' site that I haven't heard a peep from in almost a month).

For Lassen I e-mailed him about wanting to pick up over $500 worth of coins about a week ago. Not a peep from him. So I placed the order with Schoolcraft instead.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jamie will e-mail back immediately. And his work is incredible.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I have it and I will say that I love this coin. Get it get it get it.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
They absolutely are of the same quality. I can assure you Jamie is VERY anal about the quality of any item that goes out with his name on it. Basically he has done what any good craftsman should do- look at how to maximize his efficiency while maintaining the quality. This has allowed him to maintain his very high quality while producing enough product to reach a wider market. I heard that Hocus Pocus already sold out of the first batch that Jamie provided. I spook to tehm when they got the coins in and they were VERY pleased at the quality. But that's to be expected - word is catching on about Jamie's work and everyone is raving about it... Weber, Kenner, Blaine, Penn & Teller, Watkins, and many more. The competition is good as it makes everyone work harder.

Tim
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
Tim, you hit the nail on the head. I know Jamie very well, which is why I refrain from posting in threads such as this. But you are correct. The competition is a good thing. I have a couple of Lassen coins, and they are very well made. I do get my coins from Jamie now, but the reasons of my change over are nobody's business but mine, and I would never post them in a public forum. Why? Because not everybody can relate to the experience that changed my mind, therefore it would be pointless for me to tell you about it because I doubt very many people had the same experience as I. And the last time I became involved with a thread like this, I received a slew of horrid and ridiculous e-mails.

I see no reason why this senseless bickering about "who is best" should continue. Do you really think that you guys are going to change anybody's mind with a post on an online forum? For all of you Lassen guys, I still get my coins from Jamie. You havn't changed my mind. I am sure that I couldn't change your mind either, and I respect that by not posting things like "you should get your coins fron so-and-so because they are better". So why don't we just stop all of this nonsense. Magic is supposed to be a brotherhood. We should agree to disagree, and leave it at that.

Respectfully (and hopeful that this will not continue),

-Karl Miller
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Schoolcraft Flipper available online?? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL