The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » A new style of manipulation card. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Hello peoples

There has been some talk about the misers dream so here are my thoughts

Most money nowadays is Credit cards so what do people think about a new manipulation card that looks like a credit card. (it's not plasic it's a card that looks like a credit card)

This way you can do all the fancy card manipulations we learn but it changes the internal story- Also it can be used and would probably flow into a Misers dream routine.

Also the card itself could have some fancy colors on it and could act as a Fanning Deck to a degree.

I do love my card manipulation but sometimes I feel that it really doesn't have a point- producing cards- why would I do this why would anyone- but producing credit cards I think is more realistic if we were really magical.- (mind you if you continue this line of thought you would just create maoney- and if you continued even further you would just magcially produce the final products you wanted like a car, boat, house- but lets just leave it at Credit cards for now.)

What are peoples thoughts on this.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
I hope nobody steals this idea if I say it but...

You can apply this idea to your own magic.

At SAMCON this summer, a Chinese girl did a wonderful act in which she only had a tree on stage. She walked up to it and pulled off an orange leaf. She made it vanish and appear. After a while she started producing "fans of leaves" From this she did normal card manipulation routine.

After some closer attention to the "leaves" I noticed that the leaves were not leaves at all. Rather, they were orange pictures of leaves on the back of playing cards with black backs. So with a little black art, a card could be made to look like a leaf. On the other side was printed a normal card for part of her act later on.

Anyway this could be adapted to make other items appear I am sure. Think having fake coins printed on the back of cards of the same style... New Era Misers Dream.
Heck, from that you could instantly change a coin into a card.

Derek Merdinyan
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1074 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Heres an idea. About 13 years ago I was doing a Phantom of the Opera act. For competitions. One part of the act was me producing tickets. My table looked like a ticket booth. I had sign on it the said Tickets. When I produced my first cards(they looked like tickets becuase they had writing on them the extra ones that come in a pack) I waved them over the sign that said tickets. I stopped doing the act because one of the judges Michael Douglas gave me a zero on orginality said that I was doing Tony Clarks act. I didn't even have doves. But, I thought I would share the idea with you. For more information just ask questions.
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Phantom of the Opera Music

I have always wanted to use this music in my act

and I was just booked to do a Phantom of the opera "Roving" show- bugger I tried to upgrade them to both stage & Roving but they didn't go for it.

ah well next time perhaps
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » A new style of manipulation card. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL