The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 5 and 1 transpo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
knickz4lyfe20
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of knickz4lyfe20
The new instant download on penguin is also known as beswitched, correct? I think its found on easy to master coin miracles 2
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
I would suspect that most instant downloads on P can be found elsewhere.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I watched the video and it was an amazing money transpo in the hand of the spec. I think it'd be great for strolling and close-up. Aneone has it and care to review it? Thanks.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Fiddling-Steve
View Profile
Loyal user
Danbury, Connecticut
212 Posts

Profile of Fiddling-Steve
It looks just like many coin transpositions I've seen, just with bills. Its nothing incredible special, Anyone with some bill experience can figure out the working of it in a few minutes.
Stick to the classics,

Stephen
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
This trick is on the Jawdroppers tapes. It is no doubt a fabulous trick, and the gaff is very very small. It seems in fact that many of the old Jawdroppers tricks are now ending up as Penguin Instant Downloads. Ashes on arm, Haunted Bill, 5 and 1 Transpo. If you are interested in these tricks, just pick up jawdroppers. It was my very first video set and there are some really terrific tricks on there.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Jordini, thanks for the info. I'll try to find the Jawdroppers tapes at my local magic shop or ebay Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Or at jawdroppers.com. I'd sell you mine except I don't plan on selling them. Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
So this has been reinvented on Penguin? THe spectators reactions were very good on the demo Jay performed impromptu.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-11-01 07:25, Candini wrote:
So this has been reinvented on Penguin? THe spectators reactions were very good on the demo Jay performed impromptu.

Yes, it's not an original from them. It's not impromptu, you need one special item, but it can be carried around with you, and it LOOKS impromptu.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Jordini....
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Welcome Candini....
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Jordini, that's where I learned the 5 to 1 transpo by watching the jaw droppers videos. However, you could only hand out one of the bills. Bob Solari magic has a new version of the 5 to 1 transpo where you can hand both bills out for examination after the trick is done.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Neato
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
THis seems to bring some awesome reactions, at least on the demo it does.

Is this true?
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Quote:
On 2005-11-02 20:41, Candini wrote:
THis seems to bring some awesome reactions, at least on the demo it does.

Is this true?

I think the trick, coupled with a good presentation and a personable performer, will bring about the best reactions. I could be wrong, but this trick almost seems like an alternate handling to Eugene's Last Dollar.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
Im sure there are a lot versions out there that are similiar to the one on penguin. I have had an effect like this for a while and love it. If you like transpositions effects that are straight to the point then this is for you. Don't let the impromptu part discourage you because you can carry this everywhere and it is great for walkaround. Anyone can PM me if they want to ask some more about this.
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
898 Posts

Profile of David Parr
I would advise viewers to be wary of any demo video -- especially one that begins in the middle of the performance. What is not being shown? Based on this video, we do not know if both of the bills are borrowed, nor do we know what happened when people inevitably asked to examine the bills. Before buying, look into the history and development of this effect. Start with Tarbell, Vol. III. Scientia est Potentia: Knowledge is Power.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2005-11-05 04:24, David Parr wrote:
I would advise viewers to be wary of any demo video -- especially one that begins in the middle of the performance. What is not being shown? Based on this video, we do not know if both of the bills are borrowed, nor do we know what happened when people inevitably asked to examine the bills. Before buying, look into the history and development of this effect. Start with Tarbell, Vol. III. Scientia est Potentia: Knowledge is Power.

And then buy David Parr's version, which is the best that I have seen...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
I still think George Hample's "Be Switched" is the best yet. I used it last night to great effect, and no one ever asks to examine the bills. They wind up witn a $1 in their hand anyway, after fairly watching you fold up two bills and then removing one, so what more is there to see? Aha!

Great reactions from something I originally paid only $5 to learn.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I have been performing this for so long I forgot it's name and creator.Thanks Carrie..Be switched by George Hample! I personally use a Two $ bill and a One $ bill.I use a bit of finesse by Roger Klause(I think) at the end to finish clean.Presented properly it is a jaw dropper.Best.

Rich
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 5 and 1 transpo (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL