We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Just a heads up for those of you still looking for the bound text of Seance magazine. Richard Kaufman is about to reprint it.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
<<<severing right arm and leg in anticipation of the cost] Thanks, Mark -- I'm in!
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3049 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Leland, it's actually much less expensive than you'd think. (Unfortunately for me, as I paid dearly for my copy.)

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Hey, that's a gotta get! I can't wait.

Neil, are you familiar with the Resurrection Mary legend? I believe it is from the Chicago area. I recently ran across it and thought it might be made into something to perform.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Quote:
On 2005-10-21 12:11, Bill Ligon wrote:

What, Lelands right arm and leg ? Yeah, that would be pretty cool and just in time for Halloween ...
:bwink:
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3049 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On 2005-10-21 12:11, Bill Ligon wrote:

Neil, are you familiar with the Resurrection Mary legend? I believe it is from the Chicago area. I recently ran across it and thought it might be made into something to perform.

Hi Bill,

It's the first ghost story in my "Supernatural Chicago" show, and probably the best-known ghost story in Chicago. I'm required by law to tell it. And yes, I have made it into a very effective performance piece, as Eugene Burger's review in the January 2005 issue of Genii Magazine will attest.

For a treasure trove of Chicago area ghost lore, I recommend the books of Ursula Bielski.

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Neil, I'd love to see your "Supernatural Chicago" show, but unfortunately, I am not very close to Chicago.

While going through some old things, I recently ran across an audio tape of the Rez Mary legend in music sent to me by someone in the music business some years ago. I wasn't certain if it was a well-known story or not. Obviously, it is.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Mystician, actually I was referring to the bound Seance magazine, but I'll take Leland's arm and leg if he has no further use for them. Talk about a kick-*** Halloween decoration! (pun intended). Hey, I could even wave to the kiddies!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Being that I'm new in the Bizzare world. Is this something you guys would suggest a long time magician but beginner in the bizzare should get?
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
829 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Paisa-- I don't own the whole bound set, just a few individual issues. Those issues of séance that I have read always stimulate my thinking. I can't wait for them to be reprinted. I would highly recommend them to you.

Dave
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thank you very much. Where arethey being advertised?
Even if it is just as a preorder.
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Is the book on ebay at moment(containing all magazines) the same book in discussion here? Do a search for Seance Ebay links tend to get deleted.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Yes, yes it is. The one on ebay, that is.

Palsa, it's advertised in the new Genii (Nov. issue).

It's advertised for $60 for preorder and $75 after publication. Good price, especially preorder. The only issue for me is I need to pay for the new Max Maven book first.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Sean Lough
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
213 Posts

Profile of Sean Lough
Currently clubbing myself to death with my expensive copy bought years ago.
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
829 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Don't beat yourself up too much Sean. While your copy has certainly lost monetary value with the reprinting, think of the value of having all that information and inspiration for those extra years. Priceless...

Dave
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Can anybody supply a link to the site for pre prder of "seance" ?
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
The advertisement apparently occurs in Genii's November issue:

http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/u......1#000000

You should be able to order at the prepublication price here:

http://kaufman.geniimagazine.com/booksandtapes.html

Scroll to the bottom for contact information.

Although I really don't recommend this book (I don't want anyone else having it either)!

ajp
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
I just got an e mail from richard kaufman saying he is not going to re print the seance book untill some time next year, and he is NOT accepting pre orders.

so were did this rumour begin?
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Funny, he printed it in Genii.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Quote:
On 2005-10-23 14:38, lastnitesfun wrote:
Funny, he printed it in Genii.

Mark

Lol.
I hope he does reprint it now,I let the one on ebay go.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL