The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Streamer in Hank Ball (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
561 Posts

Profile of fccfp
What is the largest streamer that can be stuffed into a hankball? Also, in terms of visual impact I think a very long streamer that is very narrow may be less impressive than a shorter, wider, streamer. Any thoughts about optimum lenght vs width. Of Course, cost is a factor.

For example a 12x6 streamer will probably take up as much space as an 18x4. I think the 18 footer is the better production. However, when it comes to a 25'x12" vs 50'x 6" or a 75'x 4", I am not sure where the better trade off is.

Thanks,
Bruce

P.S. I am sure Bob will give me the mathamatical equivalent of the surface area vs load space divided by the interior of the load space relative to the phase of the moon. Seriously Bob, what do you think? Hugh?
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7435 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I think you are going to need to use something bigger than a hank ball to make this worth while. I would just use a silk winder and make a tight bundle to steal.

As for the streamer, you will gain some with the less hemming seams but it still not going to hold much. You might start out with 4" streamer and just start packing.

As I said I wouldn't bother with it. I would just make a plastic tube to load or just use the silk winder.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
561 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Richard,
I am sorry that I always reffering to you as Hugh in my posts. It may be because of the title on your avatar, I don't know. Will try harder to get it right in future.

I tried winding the way Paul Diamond showed in "Symphonette In Silk". It always comes out looking like a "rope", twisted on itself. Any suggestions? I would love to use a winder instead of accordian folding a 30' x 6' streamer. It would also take up less space.

Bruce
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7435 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Paul's directions are the best I have found. Just do not twist the silk. Lie it out flat and let it twist itself as it wraps.

BTW, I have been called much worse.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20521 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Well, on the average, average is unacceptable.

Actually a lot of this is trial and error. A streamer 12"x12ft. is about the size of a deck of cards. Rolled on a round wooden spoon handle, it will fit into a paper towel cylinder and give plenty of room to pull out the center like a box of Kleenex.

I don't use hankballs for streamers, so I can't advise you on that one. My expections would be low simply due to the shape of a hankball.

Perhaps it would be wiser to load a 4"x36" streamer in the hankball and under cover of that produce a much larger body load of a streamer.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Streamer in Hank Ball (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL