The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Sucker egg trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gary Dayton
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
542 Posts

Profile of Gary Dayton
I am a total novice at silk magic, but am intrigued by it and think I may understand two things (the operative word is 'may', so don't hesitate to offer corrective feedback). First, with silks, the bigger the better. Second, the sucker egg trick is a classic that everyone seems to like. I did a search on the egg trick and see that many people use an 18" silk for this trick. If you were to use a resin egg like Viking, or if you blew out and epoxy-reinforced a real, jumbo-size egg, can you use a 24" silk, or are we limited to the 18" size? Does the momae or moommae (the denier, I guess) make a difference in this?

BTW, in reading some of the prior posts here, this forum looks like it has a nice group of people.

Thanks,

Gary
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
This might answer some of your questions:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=54
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7436 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Buy an egg. Even a painted easter egg will work. A real egg witll never hold up. Don't worry about an exact match just be close.

Momme does matter. Use only 6 or 5 momme. Six momme will hold up better. I use a 15" . It all depends on your egg. If you want a 24", I can furnish a diamond silk which looks 24" but packs like and 18". Since you are not using the silk for anything else , this will work.

There is a lot of information on this trick in the Café. Do a search and then get back with us.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Gary Dayton
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
542 Posts

Profile of Gary Dayton
Thanks for the help. I did get an egg and a couple of silks to start practicing with. Also, I got a copy of Vol 3 of the Encyclopedia. Thanks again for your advise. Gary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Sucker egg trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL