The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New Video: Evanesce and Remigrate (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Basically we have here are the wither vanish, and Nabil change from Cultural Xchange 1 and the Messiah Vanish from Sankey's Rev. Coin magic, all rolled together with a few of my own additions and a few coin rolls scattered about.

ALL of the coin reproductions are my own additions (I'm not claiming them to be completely original, but I didn't get them from any books or videos) and the nose thing is from a magician friend of mine (but not the reproduction, that was my own addition). All of this can be done for real people in real time (I know that because I do it all the time, just without the catchy music).

Thanks for watching.

Evanesce and Remigrate

A heads up: This is a large file, so it will take a while to load. Let it sit while you browse the Café, because it will take a few mins to load.

BTW, a deck of Jerry's Nugget playing cards to the person who can identify what the music is and who composed it.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Thanks, it looked very good. And some of us do listen to contemporary music. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I guess nobody wants a deck of Jerry's Nugget cards. Oh well.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Sorry cant get the page to open..
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-10-27 18:26, paisa23 wrote:
Sorry cant get the page to open..

That's a shame, it's a rather good video. PM me your E-mail address.

The same goes for anyone else who is interested, PM me your Address and I'll send it to you.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Very Nice..
Don't know the music even though I do like it...
DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
788 Posts

Profile of DaveM
Great work Jordini....no idea as to the music though.

Dave
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
Sounded like music from zelda. or some video game I played before.
Blog about magic. by me.

Http://www.doublefacers.com
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-10-27 22:27, LiquidSn wrote:
Sounded like music from zelda. or some video game I played before.

BINGO

You win a pat on the back, congrats. It's from Ocarina of Time.

As for those who can't get it to load, try letting it SIT for like 5 mins, it's a VERY large file. I'll still email.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Nice!!!!

you should have busted out the slide after the messiah vanish Smile

Another thing though is that you flash on the nabil change major due to the coin turning and zipping out of view before covered by fingers.... just a timing thing.

good stuff though, keep up the good work!
llsouder
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of llsouder
Convert your AVI's to wmv or mpg that will shrink them considerably. I'd be happy to direct you to some free software to do it, but most video cameras come with that stuff already.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-10-28 03:24, Daegs wrote:
Nice!!!!

you should have busted out the slide after the messiah vanish Smile

Another thing though is that you flash on the nabil change major due to the coin turning and zipping out of view before covered by fingers.... just a timing thing.

good stuff though, keep up the good work!

I was thinking the same thing about slide actually...

I thought the nabil change looked pretty good...I guess I'll have to look CLOSER at it. There is another flash I noticed which I thought was pretty major but nobody noticed??

Quote:
On 2005-10-28 10:35, llsouder wrote:
Convert your AVI's to wmv or mpg that will shrink them considerably. I'd be happy to direct you to some free software to do it, but most video cameras come with that stuff already.

That would be fantastic thank you!
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I just watched it again. The nabil doesn't FLASH really, it just looks like the coin vanishes, then another coin appears.
aka
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of aka
You actually flashed on the messiah vanish as well xP. the nabil change and wither vanish look amazing!
*past the point of no return~~
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-10-28 23:01, aka wrote:
You actually flashed on the messiah vanish as well xP. the nabil change and wither vanish look amazing!

Ooops. Maybe I should re-shoot it. I'll do it tomorrow.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Well... yeah the messiah and the second whither vanish(with chip) both flash but I didn't want to mention those Smile

those are more just angles, where the Nabil change flash was due to just technique.(ie work on nabil but don't worry about others because they probably wont happen with real spectators, only the camera that was pretty low).
Magius
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Magius
The change was really good, however, I didn't like the other bits. Not because you did them badly, but I just dislike them (though I suppose they can be good at the right times)

It doesn't seem like a practical routine too... so that's one thing I didn't like about it. I personally prefer back clip and edge grip stuff, seems more clean to me.
Neophyte.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Just so everyone knows, I did this at a paying gig last night for REAL people (well, 13 year olds) and they loved it. No flashes either. Smile

(I know because when there are flashes, 13 year olds will tell me so).
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I agree with Jordini(and obviously shoot and apollo), a JW grip based vanish sequence is definatly doable for a real audience.

I'm not saying it should make up the bulk of your work, but the idea's behind keeping the coin in the same area and moving your hands AROUND it do make for a very clean and amazing vanish/change/reproduction sequence.
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Ok, I am definately getting Cultural Xchange. Someone gave me Cultrual Xchange 2, and when I put it on, I realized why, but ***, I must get this one. Thank you!
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New Video: Evanesce and Remigrate (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL