The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombie Switch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I've been dusting off my old Zombie Ball and practicing a little routine I would like to perform; but I would like to transition from my multiplying balls routine into the Zombie. Here's what I envision. During my multiplying balls routine, I use a hat to take and place the balls. At the end of the routine, all of the balls wind up in the hat. I then cleanly turn the hat over to show that all of the balls have disappeared, only to be replaced by the Zombie Ball.

I would now like to go into my Zombie Ball routine, using the same foulard that I have already used as part of my multiplying balls routine. Now here is my problem: The way that I'm currently doing this, the original Zombie Ball is too heavy to float. So, I need to figure a way to switch the heavy Zombie Ball for a lighter one. Any ideas or suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
881 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
What are you using for the "heavy" zombie? Any reason you can't go straight to the "light" one?

Perhaps you could just rig your hat like a foo can to retain the mult. balls and "pour out" the zombie ball...
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Hey, that's not a bad idea! I've had the zombie open in two halves during my multiplying balls routine. By the end of the routine, all of the balls are inside the zombie and I close up the two halves and produce the ball. The trouble is, that the zombie is now too heavy to float.

I couldn't think of any other ways of eliminating 6 multiplying balls from the hat and producing the zombie. You see, I wanted to be able to show the hat completely empty, with the only exception being the zombie ball.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
881 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
Ah, I see. I like the foo can idea since the hat is empty by association. Blackstone used to say, "if no one's chasing you, don't run." I believe his example was if you're holding a bottomless glass or mirror glass you don't say, "I have here an ordinary glass." Pick it up and hold it while talking about other more pertinent topics and the audience can see it's a glass, no explanation necessary, and more importantly, no undue attention called to it.

In a similar fashion if you turn a hat full of small balls upside down and a single large ball rolls out, the effect remains with the balls, not the hat. The fact that it is turned upside down implies its emptiness and further importance invested in the hat is guilding the lily as it were. Again the focus remains on the ball(s) to avoid disrupting the fluidity of your routine.

Good luck and let us know how things work out for you!
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Thanks for your help! I'll give the foo can hat a try and let you know how it goes.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Do a ditch/switch when it goes behind you.
POOF!
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
But it's not going behind me. I need the switch right at the beginning of the Zombie Ball routine.

Thanks.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombie Switch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL