The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Trivia Nights (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
A few years ago I got asked by a friend to host a charity trivia night and I got hooked on them! They are great fun and very easy to do. I do about 9 or 10 corporate trivia nights per year. Someone suggested that it would be great to combine my skills as a magician with the trivia nights.

Which lead me to the idea of selling a service called "The Psychic Quizmaster - He has all the answers!" Essentially it would be a traditional trivia night but combined with a routine to open and close the night such as a 4th Dimensional Telepathy where I 'know' the answers to three simple questions that the audience are thinking of. (Making sure the questions are simple so I KNOW the answer)

I would also combine this with three 'games' in between the rounds of trivia where I 'predict' the winner.

The idea would be to make it a fun and tongue in cheek twist on the old trivia night model.

Do you think this could sell?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2139 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I'd go.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
It could tie in with the first winner of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/co......,00.html
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
If only their was a book test with a quiz book- they mearly think of the question and you can tell them the answer.

Sounds like a great idea.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I was JUST thinking that five minutes ago!
bluemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of bluemagic
Check out Mark Wilson's webb site, he dose something with bingo card. Maybe you can something for trivia night.
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

There is a nice effect on the Dan Harlenpack small play big video on Mentalism.

He comes out holding a cross word puzzle and says he writes in pen because he knows all the answers- it's a quick little opener and essentially the book is filled out and a spectator picks one of the words and Dan tells him what he is thinking.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2445 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
You can do great stuff with a change bag (especially a clear change bag made from Ziplock storage bags) and two sets of questions, half really easy and half completely impossible (given to two teams).
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

What you would also want to develop is a Marking system- a very quick & accurate way of Marking the questions.

You can use a transperancy and place it over the audiences answers.

But you do need to do it quickly s you can "get on with the show".
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Nicholas, of course it will sell.

We've been doing a mix of Magic or Mentalism & Trivia for years as one of our packages
http://www.trivia.com.au

The trick (as always) is to price it very high.
There are always going to be people who will go out and provide a Trivia show for 200 or $300. The punter shopping on price knows this. The aim, as we do, is to add an extra zero.

timothy
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

YNic- you should post a similar question in the mentalist section.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Timothy - Curses! Not only am is it not an original idea, I'm not even the first Australian to think of it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Trivia Nights (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL