The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Starting a Web Site (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wiliby11
View Profile
New user
Topeka
13 Posts

Profile of wiliby11
I was just wondering how I might go about starting a web site of my own offering downloadable video files instructing you how to do tricks with a normal deck of cards. I wouldn't sell any supplies or anything. I know that ellusionist.com does something like that plus a few supplies & stuff. How would I do that and would it be against the law to sell stuff like Ammar's Card on Ceiling? I don't know how to do that trick and I wouldn't sell it and take someone else's money, but I have made up some tricks of my own and I don't know if someone else has already done the same effect. I just don't know about it. I don't want to get into any lawsuits or anything.
Thanks
(This may be a dumb question, if so just tell me up front that I should give it up.)
Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
Wiliby11,

Some friendly advice: Hold off on that idea.

For one thing, you said you have only been interested in magic for 3 months. You are still very much in the early learning stages of magic. It's a good idea to get much more experience than that before you endeavour to teach magic. Enthusiasm is good, but it is not a substitute for experience. You would be better served using your time practicing first, then going out to perform for real people.

You said you don't know if the effects you have developed are ones which someone else has already published. Making them available on a website is not the best way to discover whether or not you are reinventing tricks. There are several very knowledgeable, experienced magicians here at the Magic Café who can tell you if your ideas have already been published. If you are serious about magic, they will probably be happy to help you on this point.

Yours is not a "dumb question," but the idea is one that you should put on the back burner, otherwise you are putting the cart before the horse. (Sorry, I just had to throw in a cliche!)

Good luck in your pursuit of magic!

Paul M.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Great advice Paul!
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
bizarrewreck
View Profile
New user
Fort Collins, CO
51 Posts

Profile of bizarrewreck
Paul shares some great advice.

If you'd like to make money with magic, you might want to consider some of the affiliate programs available. As you send new customers through a link, you'll get a percentage of each sale.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Starting a Web Site (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL