The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » El Duco Comedy Candle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
El Duco Comedy Candle

Product description says:

“It works automatically by built-in electronics in the candle stick that react to the sound from the pistol. Use any cap or blank toy pistol.”

This is fine but is it possible for the candle to react PREMATURELY and do its thing with the music playing during the act? Theres no sounds of pistols going off in the music piece but I wonder if it’s sensitive to certain pitch or sounds. I intend to be no more than three or four feet from candle when firing pistol.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Gracias!
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Well I e-mailed El Duco's website as I couldn't find this item at their site while it's available at Hank Lee's site. El Duco's site told me "Comedy Candle" is no longer available. I guess Lee is offering the last of that item.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Well OK, anyone know of a similar item?
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
337 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
I have a CW candle that works manually (to begin the action) and it has a time delay between the time you touch it and the candle starts to tilt.
David
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2005-10-29 09:36, davidmagic wrote:
I have a CW candle that works manually (tobeginthe action) and it has a time delay betweenthe time you touch it and the candle starts to tilt.
David

I assume you refer to a Collector's Workshop product? I searched their site and didn't come up with anything like that. The only item that comes close is Out of Stock Chaplins Candle and that's not what I'm looking for.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Exactly what features are you looking for?
Daniel Faith
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Daniel,

A portion of my act is a candle routine with candle productions etc. The candles produced are lit with a lit candle standing on table before blown out and dropped into a manip. box.

El Duco's candle would of been a great candle to light other candles with and then finish off the routine with that of Duco's Comedy candle in which a cap pistol is fired off, candle completely inverts intself and turns itself out.

I sort of hesitated to purchase it when I found out Lee has only one left that is currently being repaired by Duco for a "small flaw" as they put it. Then to find out by Duco that the item is no longer available.

Maybe I just need to contact Duco again and ask if they'll provide reasonable repairs if something did go wrong with it.

I can only wear so many "match pulls" before wearing out the effect.

Ugh...I just get a little crabby at the thought of nowhere to get it fixed if something went wrong after spending $300 on it.

I may just go forward with this. I've had other mechanical details worked on by non-magicians.

*** that candle!
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Well I decided on El Duco afterall. I would post a review here but what good is it if he doesn't produce it anymore? Hehehe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » El Duco Comedy Candle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL