The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Shipping props (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
I am working on booking a show in San Fransisco. I live in Alabama. Can anyone suggest how to ship props. I need advice on best way to ship, who to use, how to crate them, tine allowance to ship, anything I am not thinking of due to lack of shipping experience.

Thanks,

Curt
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
I use this company: http://www.forwardair.com/index.htm

Lyndel
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
Forwardair is great. I use them pretty regularly, but I have been known to use UPS, FED/EX and DHL/Airborne.

Matthew
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Everything I have ever had shipped (as far as large illusions, cases) through Fedex got the crap beat out of it. I use ATA cases, which saved the props, but the cases look like crap now.

Forward Air was the shipper for my Oz Illusions Twister, they shipped all the way from Australia with no damage whatsoever. I would use them if at all possible.

Keith
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
I have not had any problems and I ship a lot of ATA cases. Most of my cases are so heavy that they can't just be thrown around.

This past week I shipped Forward Air and come to find out my case went on the same plane with me. Funny stuff!
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
It seems forward air is the place to check. Thanks, Guys. Anyone give me an idea what shipping cost runs on ,say, a sub trunk. Rough figure. I understand that may not be a fair question. How much difference does distance and size and weight make in charges?

Curt
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Not too long ago, I shipped my ATA cased Twister and my ATA cased Modern Art for about 125 bucks - (total one way) from Orlando to Houston. They're very reasonable.

Lyndel
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
That is reasonable. I shipped a sub trunk to s. dakota from Alabama last year by fex/ex it was $100. each way.

Curt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Shipping props (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL