The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Modern Coin Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Fandango
View Profile
New user
England
69 Posts

Profile of Fandango
Quote:
On 2005-10-27 00:21, phedonbilek wrote:
My modest piece of advice would be to get first Roth's "Expert Coin Magic Made Easy" vol.1-3 before attempting to study Bobo. I think that learning sleights from a book is the best way to develop bad habits. And everybody knows by experience that bad habits are hard to kick.

What bad habits? Not disagreeing, just wondering
Kihei
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Kihei
Make that 5 readers. Please don't stop the posting Curtis.

I have also found this site http://www.huntingfortreasure.com/ good for worn silver halves and dollars. They sell them in rolls that make for good pricing on bulk coins. They also have some old world coins that might make for a good story.
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
337 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
Porf:
I also live in the midwest and pay $6-8 for older morgans and never more than 12 for really newer quality (but I'm not looking for a collector's piece-just either the older and worn or newer with good edges. Most dealers have tubes or baskets of non-valuable-to-collectors batches of coins-these are even better for us. If you still can't find one, PM me,and I'll get you some and sell them to you for the price I paid for the coins, tax, and shipping.
David
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Prof.
The Bobo Community Project has video clips of some of the stuff in MCM that may be of help.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Thanks David!

I'm in Branson by the way...Just a short ride south of you...I heard of an Antique place in Ozark that handles coins, is this your source?

We'll have to get together some time...You can almost always find me working at the Magic shop in the IMAX complex or out at SDC...

PM me if you want my contact info and we'll see what's up.

Prof. Piper
(Terry)
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Modern Coin Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL