The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » How to do an accurate "Search" ? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
I've tried the search feature on this site several times looking for a specific effect, topic or name. I keep getting a long list of subjects that lead me "nowhere", close to what I ask for.
Also, how do I go about reducing a file photo
to the right parameters for posting. My photoshop shrinks it to where I can hardly see the image on my screen. I'm using an image taken from my Sony Mavica.
I really love this site. Thanks !
John N.
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
I could be more specific if I knew what you were searching for, but I have found that searches work better on the Café if you can search for just one or two words, words that are likely to only be in a post that might contain the information you want. It's not perfect, but the scripts are set up to search the text of each post for whatever words you type into the search box. If one of the words you type is "the" for example, it will bring up all the posts with that word in it (not very helpful, obviously). All I can suggest is that you be as specific as you can be with your search terms.

As for your avatar picture, rather than type out the instructions (especially since I don't use Photoshop that much), I have set up an upload form here where you can upload your large picture (jpg or gif only), and I'll resize it to fit the parameters here at the Café. I'll email you the resized picture, and you can then upload it through your "Edit Profile".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » How to do an accurate "Search" ? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL