The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Siegfred mistreating Roy? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Is it true? Hmmmm......
check out the story on Yahoo!
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
It's customary to provide one of these:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ct/20051026/cr_c......rtnerroy

;)
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Sounds bogus to me
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Anyone can sue anyone at any time for any reason for any amount of money.

And in those suits, anyone can allege anything against anyone else.

Any questions?
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
boomassacre
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of boomassacre
Highly doubt it
I'm telling you the truth, I swear....
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2787 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Yeah, I'm not buying it AT ALL. Ridiculous. There's another thread about this: "Whoah, Check This Out."
"Every thought you think, word you speak, and action you take proceeds from either love or fear. Peace and upset, innocence and guilt, healing and illness all spring from that one fundamental choice." Alan Cohen
https://magicalaurieblog.wordpress.com/
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2787 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Actually, I think they may have taken that thread down.
"Every thought you think, word you speak, and action you take proceeds from either love or fear. Peace and upset, innocence and guilt, healing and illness all spring from that one fundamental choice." Alan Cohen
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
I think they did because someone may have mentioned the rumour that Siegfried and Roy are gay!
BlackShadow
View Profile
Special user
London UK
666 Posts

Profile of BlackShadow
I'm with Laurie here. I don't buy into that one. Isn't this kind of thing traditionally posted at the beginning of April? Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2787 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thankyou, BlackShadow. Smile
Roy has very recently commented that the charges are "Disgusting." I definitely agree.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I can't believe the Café has allowed this topic to live since Oct.27. Apparently the topic, the poster's language, and ALL comments (true or not) regarding the rumors are not in violation of ANY Café posting rules.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2787 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I was wondering about that initially, myself.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Magicalaurie,

When I first saw this topic I was sure it be dead within a couple of hours at most.

I've seen many posts deleted, and members involved, reminded of their violation when they spilled over into say religion or politics.

Apparently discussion (which in this case I don't believe for a moment) of possible spousal abuse between two celebrities is OK.

It's trashy allowance.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Why would the Café remove it?? It is a legitimate news story that can be found all over the internet. The Café doesn't just remove posts because they don't like the topic - the guy has filed the lawsuit, and when the courts hear the evidence we will know more about it.

And while this "disgruntled employee" claims Roy's rehab is all a hoax, Roy walks on stage and vows to perform again:

http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,......,00.html

JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
Learn JoeJoe's secrets at Magic Joint dot com
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Oh I'm sorry. As long as it's a "legitimate news story" (whatever that means) and it's all over the internet, it's probably OK.

Alright my apologies as my comment was probably out of order. What in the world was I thinking. Carry on....
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
It was a story carried by legitimate news sources. It's not like the poster made up the story -- that would be grounds for closing the thread. But this is a story in the media. If the Café had closed the thread, it would have been a farce.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Yes, that is what I mean by "legitimate news story" - it is a story that has been covered by People Magazine, Court TV, E! Entertainment News, Las Vegas Sun, KRNV and KVBC (Nevada), and was in my local paper's (so I assume it was picked up by wire services). As a new story, it is more legit than a national enquirer spread.

I am not saying his claims are legit, just that the news story is legit - that a lawsuit has been filed. We may not like the accusations, but they are out there ... and Siegfried will most likely have to appear in court to defend himself against them.

If anything this thread can be used as a place to express support for S&R - I for one have no doubts the claims are false, and am confident that this is a disgruntled employee looking for a payday ... I hope the judge makes him pay S&R's legal expenses', if not finding him in contempt of court. Once this matter is cleared, a counter lawsuit for slander and liable.

I doubt any of that will ever happen, for whatever reason the courts seem reluctant to stop the influx of frivolous lawsuits in the country ... I imagine it is some sort of self-preservation thingie going on with them.

JoeJoe
Watch the Pilot Episode of my new TV Show:As Seen on TV: The JoeJoe Magic Show
Learn JoeJoe's secrets at Magic Joint dot com
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Yes thanks for the clarification JoeJoe. I don't have any other input as I don't have the facts. We'll await the day in court and strive for the truth.
glatner
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of glatner
I highly doubt it.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2787 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I thought it may be removed because it concerns a lawsuit (civil suit), allegations, unresolved, etc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Siegfred mistreating Roy? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL