The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Metro-Magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
David roth was in the lobby talking to Mickey Silver About 9pm.I sat next to Ken Krenzel at the close up show.Rich Morrata was also there.
I wish I had seen. Jonathan Townsand but I missed him.When I saw Mickey Silver I looked for a name badge saying Vinny but didn't see him either.
As denny said the dvd Steve was selling from 1982 had most of the effects. It only cost $10.
VcosNJ his site is stevedusheck. Just google it.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Thanks Glenn! I'll check it out!
denny_Corby
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
240 Posts

Profile of denny_Corby
Backdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Bismark, ND
117 Posts

Profile of Backdoor
Just want to give my BIG shout-out here to a fine magic presentation by Bob Solari and Bill Wisch for their "Metro-Magic 1" convention on Sunday in Lyndhurst, NJ. There were tons of coin guys there to see Steve Dushek, Darwin Ortiz, and Bobby Gallo do their thing. These guys were absolutely amazing. There were fine dealers all over the place and the magic just wouldn't stop. The Café here was well discussed and admired along with many members in attendance, like Mano, the very clever Eric Jones, Joe, Rob Elliot, even Mr. Jonathan Townsend, and the absolutely amazing Mickey Silver.

One of our own, Eric Jones pulled out about 100 coins from his bag and did a little something with nearly every one of them. The guy is amazing. And Mickey Silver, UNBELIEVABLE! Forget what you heard, seeing is believing...The guy is absolutely one-of-a-kind in his ability and personableness! It was a full fledge evening of great magic, especially of the coin, front and center stage or in the hall way on your way to the bathroom or going for a bite to eat - The magic was everywhere! After watching Duscheck and Darwin do some amazing things, then Bobby Gallo just hit you with another shot right between the eyes. It just wouldn't stop and folks just loved it.

Bob Solari and Bill Wisch were most gracious hosts and worked throughout the evening making sure all was well with everyone, and spared no expense in bringing in great talent and great interest to and from the magic community - They are to be applauded. It was pretty well organized, a lot of sessioning going on all over the place. Great place to see and learn from some of the very best coin men out there, as well as close-up and cards. Hey, was that David Roth???...You better believe it was.

Great job guys on this first one, the next one you're gonna need the Hilton. It was quite amazing and I can't wait to next year's get together. Wonder who's coming to that one??? Thanks so much for making it happen. It was absolute magic!
-Only The Shadow Knows...Y'know?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Mickey emailed last night to say that Roth showed up later that evening. That's good, and Ken Krenzel, Herb Zarrow and a few others made quiet appearances. Quite a turnout. There are a few nice pics of Mickey and SteveD clowning around at the restaurant in the afternoon. Had lunch next to Meir Yedid, Dick Brooks, DorothyD and Bob Little. Got to meet Eric and Marion there and then had to get moving around 6pm. Nice and social gathering. Smile

Did you folks catch Darwin setting up from a brand new pack while talking for his first effect? Impressive.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Backdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Bismark, ND
117 Posts

Profile of Backdoor
Mr. Townsend, Darwin is quite phenomenal. Got a chance to catch his act and he's exceptional, on another level, a real pro. Also, got a chance to meet and speak with Mr. Roth and he was pretty nice. He actually was more interested in Darwin and his cards than anything else. He had a very big smile on his face as he watched Darwin separate an entire deck into suits from memory, calling each card before turning it over, center dealing all the way. Remarkable! I like cards but not like I like coins, but it's hard not to like someone as gifted as Darwin Ortiz.

Hey Mr. Townsend, wish I had asked you to show me your VCA, been wanting to see that from you. Maybe next time for sure, ok?
-Only The Shadow Knows...Y'know?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2005-11-08 10:33, Backdoor wrote:...Hey Mr. Townsend, wish I had asked you to show me your VCA, been wanting to see that from you. Maybe next time for sure, ok?

I was there from 10:30am to 5:30 or 6pm. Even got to say hello to Marion (MB...) and we got along. Are you going to NEMCON?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
Well DING DANG DONG!!! I stumble across this thread on NOVEMBER 9th !!! Aw, PHOOEY! I missed it! Guys, a little better advertising for the next one!

I'll be at Bob Little's in a couple of weeks...

Joe
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Charlie C and my self got straded in Las Vegas the flight was cancelled American west wouod not put us on another flight .. this is the worst air line nd I will never fly it again ....................
Sorry I missed the lecture I had planned for months to attend...my apologies to steve and other Café members I had hoped to meet
the godfather
ps jeff I will send you the dvd form dusheck lecture this dvd is his lecture notes...
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Mark Zacharia
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Mark Zacharia
Welcome! My name is Mark Zacharia and I had the privilege of performing in the lobby area during Metro-Magic. This gave me the opportunity to meet so many of you! It is energizing to be surrounded by genuine magic enthusiasts. Bob Solari is one of the true gentlemen of the magic community. He went out of his way to make sure everyone felt taken care of during his convention. Next year promises to be even better! Bob won't let me tell you the other pros whom he has signed yet for next year's lectures and close-up sessions, but I will be there lecturing and sessioning with you again. Please make a point of telling me you're from The Magic Café!--Mark Zacharia
Mark Zacharia
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Man, has it been that long? Smile

As Jonathan Townsend here mentioned briefly, I was also at this event and must concur (late again to the table as ever…worse!) Smile it was really wonderful.

I didn’t get to meet everybody that was mentioned here, but did get to meet a few guys that I remember speaking and or hanging a bit with, and or created some sort of relationship with, some lasting friendships even to this day, like Mano, Mickey Silver, Eric Jones, Darwin Ortiz, Bob Solari, Steve Dusheck, David Roth, Reindflisch (The Rubber Band Man), and quite a few others. I’m glad JT date-marked me here in one of his posts. We used to argue…errrrr, debate quite a bit here online, and I must admit that at that time he probably knew loads more than me about all this, but such is youth. Smile And I never knew my friend, Gary Freed was there, but sometime later I actually wrote a bit string here about his wonderful NFW. We became fast friends behind it to this day. So, some interesting connections from out of nowhere, but from somewhere special. Smile

Anyway, it was great to meet them all and lend faces to all the great conversations we would have and come to have online about magic, especially coin magic. Man, it was a blast, stars and stars to come everywhere you turned. I remember looking around for Mickey Silver, and Eric Jones said, “There he is, right over there.” Mickey was sitting there by himself playing with that fabulous Retention Vanish of his at the time. It truly was something to see. As was meeting the late, great Steve Dusheck, man what a magically creative mind he was. We stayed in touch for years. And of course, Eric Jones became a tremendous star in his own right. I believe, he was the one that first told me about the gathering in NJ, (that and it would also be my first time getting to meet another lasting friend & mentor, The Godfather Vinny Marini from the west coast), and so glad he did as it became a lasting memory in so many ways, but mostly how it inspired me to contribute a few things to the art myself. Always beholding to such great inspiration from a collection of the big, small, & all of us in coin magic. So good to happen across this old string, and to remember Eric Jones pointing out just how great Mano was in coin magic. Of course Mano immediately demonstrated that, and again a great friendship to this very day, was born. Smile

Thanks always to Bob Solari and Bill Wisch for putting such a top shelf event together, and to think I was at the very first one nearly 20 years ago now in 2005, “Metro-Magic 1.” Still one of my very first most fortunate moments in Magic. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Metro-Magic? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL