The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Capes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

docelk
View Profile
Veteran user
St. Pete, FL
362 Posts

Profile of docelk
Any suggestions, long vs. short; red vs. black; any made with pockets? Any lighter and cooler than others? Any favorite sources for discount and quality capes. So many questions---so litte capes! (mostly do card magic, close up)
Life is a test. It is only a test. If this had been a real life, you would have been given further instructions on where to go, and what to do.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Depending upon your act, cape can certainly have their place. You hit many of the right things to consider:

Color: Contrast to show what you are doing or to conceal it?

Length: What are you trying to accomplish?

Pockets: Why?

Washable: If at all possible, make it washable.

Weight: What is its job?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2955 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
One thing: "Wear the cape. Never let the cape wear you." Roy Horn. Smile
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
OK, Here is you pattern, should you decide to make it yourself. A half circle, radius equal to the length of the cape. For a finished look, make two, sew them together, turn them inside out. I have made some pretty nice capes exactly this way. You can use any type of cloak pin to hold it on, and if you get a short length of gold chain from the hardware store, and sew it across the front where your neck goes, it looks realy nice.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2955 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Very interesting. Smile
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
15 years performing as a cast member at the Texas Renaissance Festival, you pick up a thing or two.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5711 Posts

Profile of Regan
I wore a cape every Halloween season for 7 straight years when I transformed into Regore and hosted a haunted house. Other than that, I have never worn one. I do a magic routine with a cape, but it's for my volunteers.

Regan
Mister Mystery
docelk
View Profile
Veteran user
St. Pete, FL
362 Posts

Profile of docelk
Great ideas---thanks jack scratch---may just drag out my sewing machine---
Life is a test. It is only a test. If this had been a real life, you would have been given further instructions on where to go, and what to do.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
858 Posts

Profile of cardone
I love the short little capes that daredevils wear ...or some circus perforemers....what are these called?
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
Short Capes
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2955 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Smile
Shane Baker
View Profile
New user
10 years and I've made a measly
79 Posts

Profile of Shane Baker
Capelets.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5711 Posts

Profile of Regan
Capettes, perhaps?

Regan
Mister Mystery
cartoon cowboy
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster, PA
104 Posts

Profile of cartoon cowboy
The commercial Halloween costumes are really improving in quality. There are some very professional capes available at the Halloween stores and party stores around that time. If you wait for the week after Halloween you can get some great deals! But don't wait too long to see how low the prices drop - Halloween costumes are easy to store, so many places will not clearance them for long. They will pack them back up and bring them out the next year at full price again.

By the way, if a magician from Southern Chile can't squeeze into his cape, does he use a Cape Horn? (sorry 'bout that!)
Happy Trails,
- CC Smile
Erick Hershey
magic.hersheyarts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Capes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL