The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Help Assasin Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicguy
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of magicguy
My magic shop is going to order a video for me, but I dont know who makes the Assassin Video!

Some good card tricks in there that I just must have!! Smile
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
917 Posts

Profile of Martino
I think I know someone who has the video you're talking about. If it's the same one he is currently looking to sell it. Do you have it's full title?
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I believe it's Richard Sanders close up assasins.

Available at http://www.magicsmith.com

Smile

Thanx,

Ichazod

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Ichazod@hotmail.com
Prophet
View Profile
Regular user
Caledonia, NY
184 Posts

Profile of Prophet
O darn!!! I thought he may have been talking about a video I made with some friends last year called, "how to be an assassin" all well, my ma bad. For some reason I still can't figure out. The Fed's gave me a hard time about the whole thing. Smile all well, still got "so you want to conqure Canada ah?" in the works. Smile

Sorry Im tired and couldn't resist.

Yours In Magic

Mike

Smile
Yours In Magic

Mike

Smile
If you are new to Magic check out my article
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462185&forum=41
Duct Tape is like the Force. It has a dark and a light side and holds the universe together.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Smile Smile Smile
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
If you guys are talking about Richard Sanders Close-Up Assassin, the video is just a companion aid of the performances. It comes with a booklet with all explanations.

Anyway, I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for strong commercial magic.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
magicguy
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of magicguy
I just got my magic shop to order the video and book for me.

Are his effects hard to do?

I'm pretty new; still working on my pass and the invisible pass. Smile
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Close-up Assassin's is definitely not beginner material. It is more in the intermediate range.

The effects require that you know how to do standard sleights with coins, cards, TT, ...etc.

The card tricks are killer and require only basic handling. You will need a couple of gimmicks. They give you instructions on how to make them. The coin routine is advanced and you will have to put a lot of practice into it if you're a beginner.

The routines that use a TT are also killer, but you must know how to handle a TT. For example, the bill switch you will learn is one of the best bill switches ever invented IMO.

Basically, all the routines are very strong and commercial and are intended to be used mostly by strolling/table-hopping magicians.

My suggestion if you want to have a little fun: watch the performance video first, and see if you can figure out the methods that he uses. If you can't figure them out, then sit back and enjoy the show. He is a great performer.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Todd
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Todd
Does anyone know if there is a trick on this video that is a signed bill to impossible location? I think I remember someone telling about this trick, heard it was awesome and on this tape, just wondered about it!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5276 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Richard Sanders “Close-up Assassin” has his version of the bill to lime.

The tape contains performances of:

Trident Sugarless Bill - Give the spectator a sealed pack of gum. Later, a bill is borrowed and placed in your tightly clenched fist. Whereupon, it changes into a piece of gum! The spectator breaks the seal and removes the first piece, and instead of finding gum, he finds his own bill!

Behind My Back - Turn your back to the audience, and hold a deck of cards behind you as a spectator peeks at one of the cards. Now snap your fingers and go through the cards (still with the cards behind your back) and show the glimpsed at card is gone! Turn around slowly and show the spectator's selection between your teeth!

HERE IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR! THE BILL TO LIME - Borrow a bill of any denomination. The bill is signed and promptly vanished at the magician's fingertips! Take a lime that the spectator has been holding from the beginning, cut it in half, and show the signed bill inside!

My Cupped Hands Runneth Over - Four ungimmicked coins travel one by one from the magician's hands to a spectator's with the last coin traveling in an impossible manner right through her closed fist!

And so much more! Lime Richie, Skinny Kreskin, Trick Photography II, and the list goes on!! In addition to these devastating new routines, you'll learn dynamic new techniques and cunning gimmicks designed for real-world use.

Effects are taught in an 84 Pages booklet with over 160 photographs. Also included is a professionally produced companion video featuring performances of all the material in the book, and, as a bonus, Richard's beautiful handling for The Belanger Cigarette Thru Quarter, as well as performances of his best-selling Tricks Three Ropes and A Baby and Picture This.

$37.00 from your favorite dealer or http://www.magicsmith.com

Hope this helps.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Todd
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Todd
Thanks, helps a lot! I love this forum, everyone answers quickly and knows what their talking about.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Help Assasin Video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.41 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL