The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » VooDoo Criss Angel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Quote:
On 2005-11-11 07:20, pkg wrote:
Here's a solution, have a camera on you, a cigarette, and an assistant... as you start to shoot, act as if ur assistant is a stranger.....got the point? Smile

You have to be kidding if you think the spectators (and there were 3 or 4, not 1) are in on it. Please take at least one acting course before you presume to decide who is acting and who is a genuine spectator. It's quite easy to tell the difference with a little dramatic experience. I have no idea how this is done, but those spectators are not assistants.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Quote:
On 2005-12-29 17:36, Joshua Lozoff wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-11-11 07:20, pkg wrote:
Here's a solution, have a camera on you, a cigarette, and an assistant... as you start to shoot, act as if ur assistant is a stranger.....got the point? Smile

You have to be kidding if you think the spectators (and there were 3 or 4, not 1) are in on it. Please take at least one acting course before you presume to decide who is acting and who is a genuine spectator. It's quite easy to tell the difference with a little dramatic experience. I have no idea how this is done, but those spectators are not assistants.

with someone like criss angel's reputation, it is very VERY EXTREMELY hard to beleive (in my case) that no stooges were used. plus havent you noticed the EXTENSIVE editing? either his editor was on speed or some LSD, or he is REALLY that bad, or something fishy is going on here (which is the most probable...again, in MY opinion)

when it comes to magic, I beleive in "guilty till proven innocent"...sorry but that's just me!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
And will someone remind me of the definition of a good actor?

so britney spears is a good actress because it clearly shows that she's tyring to act, and al pacino in scent of a woman is a bad actor because you cant really tell if he's really acting? (and that's a rethorical somewhat sarcastic question)
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
First of all, I never said anything about good or bad actors, as far as I can recall. I was a professional actor for 13 years (look me up on IMDB). I have seen every one of Al Pacino's films, studied many of them, and believe me, he wouldn't pass for a spectator on a magic show. It's not about good or bad actors. It's just that the task of an actor is different than appearing as if he or she is a random spectator on a a reality show.

Besides, don't you kind of make my point for me when you say there is a lot of editing on the Criss Angel specials? If the voodoo specs were stooges, why would he need a lot of editing? I agree that there is too much editing, and I agree that there are things happening we tv audiences don't get to see.

My only complaint with your attitude is that it is too crude and general for an art as sophisticated as magic. He uses stooges!! And lots of camera editing!! For all of it!! That's how it all done!!!

I am not talking about the entire series, nor am I defending Criss Angel. I have studied the voodoo effect for awhile, and am offering my opinion that those spectators are not stooges. I'm not saying he never uses them, and I'm not saying he doesn't use editing to clean up some of his magic. I'm just an experienced actor telling you those particular specs are not stooges, to my trained eye.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
dan parker
View Profile
New user
Germany
51 Posts

Profile of dan parker
I don't know how he has done this effect...

but this is possible maybe not so clean, but with no stooges, no editing, no tv crew, no assistants

The only thing I need for this stunt is a little pre show work and an electronis device..
Joe Xavier
View Profile
Regular user
Borneo Islands
149 Posts

Profile of Joe Xavier
Definitely possible. Actually, without any electronics device, it can also work. But risk is high.
dan parker
View Profile
New user
Germany
51 Posts

Profile of dan parker
You are right, possible without electronic devices, but not sure fire...
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
The editting is actually done to appeal to the younger crowd. Watch some other kiddy shows (like I do with my nieces/nephews) and you'll see the similiarities. Remember... the XBow generation wants to see the same camera angle for an average of 4 seconds.
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
You know I like Criss Angel. I think his presentation style is very well done. But, he does use the living crap out of some shills. And cuts scenes. I think he does a great job at fooling magicians into thinking, "wow, I'm totally gonna buy that, that was way to cool and way to impromtu not to have" But upon futher review, we see the shilly truth. but hey, it makes good tv.
Tyler
View Profile
Regular user
St. Louis
165 Posts

Profile of Tyler
I like anything that gets people excited about magic even if it involves a shill a minute. But like Midnight333 says it makes for good tv.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
One of his edited strengths in the first season for the younger crowd may have been the transition piece of the reclined beautiful nakeed woman with the sushi arranged over her body... in fact, those bits of bizarre characters - to me - were cool and helped defined his magic personae - in Season 1 that is.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » VooDoo Criss Angel (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL