The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Any comments on Yuval Keren's Gravity Control (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
I am intrigued by this new item from Yuval Keren where a spring held by a spectator has some object like a keychain attached at the end so that it naturally stretches. But on command of the magician, the spring slowly shrinks as if the attached object becomes lighter. The price tag of $495 hurts. Anyone has any comments on this item Smile
psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
is there a demo out there? thanks
Steve
View Profile
New user
Belgium
89 Posts

Profile of Steve
495$ ???? That's a LOT of money to pay for a spring ...

I don't know this effect, nor have I seen one, but it sounds like you could achieve the same thing with a piece of metal that has a 'memory'. Basically you can deform it as much as you want, but when warmed, it goes back to it's original shape.
That would probably only cost you a couple of dollars.

For 495$ you can get a lot of things that will have a much better value for money then a spring ...

Steve
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Does this guy come up with anything thats under $500.00? Smile
Lance Pierce
View Profile
Special user
878 Posts

Profile of Lance Pierce
Quote:
On 2002-11-07 07:35, Rcitgo wrote:
Does this guy come up with anything thats under $500.00?

Well...yeah. He's got a spring for $495.

Smile

L-
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Quote:
On 2002-11-07 04:13, psychic wrote:
is there a demo out there? thanks

I have not seen any demos on this item. I just saw it listed on Hank Lee's HotList. I may search other magic dealer's websites.
George
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
>495$ ???? That's a LOT of money to pay for
>a spring ...
>I don't know this effect, nor have I seen
>one, but it sounds like you could achieve
>the same thing with a piece of metal that
>has a 'memory'. Basically you can deform it
>as much as you want, but when warmed, it
>goes back to it's original shape.
>That would probably only cost you a couple
>of dollars.

I don't think memory metal is cheap and available anywhere but at industrial manufacturers who I imagine charge a premium for any kind of such product to be run in small batches such that magicians would buy.

However, I was not impressed by two other products of Keren's, one that also uses memory metal. The workings make it unpractical to use. In the spectator's hands? Unless he's found a different memory metal than the effect I got (which also claims you can do the effect in a spectator's hands), they will notice the metal is freezing cold.

The ad also claims two other effects of his have won 'international claim' or something like that. Whatever. I don't know how they've sold, but from the reviews I've seen, most people aren't very impressed with his 'revolutionary methods'.

Back on subject, I've seen a demo of the Gravity trick on one of the videos I got with The Bending Coin, I think. It looked interesting, but I've made a deal with myself never to buy anything from him again.

Brian
tim_mantis
View Profile
Regular user
UK
117 Posts

Profile of tim_mantis
The effect seems as impractical as the bending forks to me.

The spoons do seem to seel like hot cakes at conventions though.

Tim
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
I saw him demonstrate / perform the effect at the IBM British Ring Convention at Eastbourne.

The effect is unusual / weird, and I thought it might be something I could use until I saw the price.

Apart from the price, I think the biggest issues are where you would use it and how would you fit it in to other effects / routines in a cohesive manner.
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
>Apart from the price, I think the biggest
>issues are where you would use it and how
>would you fit it in to other effects /
>routines in a cohesive manner.

Exactly. If you're trying to convince people you have psychokinetic powers, why the heck do you have to use such an unusual apparatus?

Take it from someone who's been burned twice by this guy's other items. It ain't worth it. Think of all the other great things you can do for that price. To a layperson, the simpler the better ... this gets very complicated.

Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Any comments on Yuval Keren's Gravity Control (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL