The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Psudo-hypnosis stunts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Hey Nicholas...how can I get the budge from David Harkey? Thanx....
jaymon59
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of jaymon59
Budge can be found in Simply Harkey pg 79.

Rich
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Quote:
On 2006-04-06 01:26, TonyEye wrote:
Lee:

I lectured on this topic for a few of the magic clubs over the past couple of years, and an eagerly awaiting whatever you put out. Let me know if you have some free time after the NGH convention in Marlborough, maybe we get get dinner together in Boston.

Tony

Hi Tony, How was your Computer? Can I buy your Lecture Notes about Pseudo?
many Thanx
Romy Rafael
therapysessions
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
41 Posts

Profile of therapysessions
I saw a performer not long ago do a stunt where he picked out two people from the audience, a smaller female and a large male. He first asked the male to lift the female and he does so with ease, then by suggestion the male cannot do it anymore.

Anyone know where I can find this effect or what its called?
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Body Magic by John Fisher. It's an old Georgia Magnet method, so it can also be found in the books on her as well.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2005-10-30 06:58, Nicholas wrote:
There is a nice one wherein the participant cannot get the deck of cards out of the case due to your "suggestion" that they won't budge. Then, you cancel the suggestion and let the participant take half the cards out. Then "re-hypnotize" and they can't get the remaining cards out of the case. You cancel the "trance" and let them take some more cards out, leaving only a quarter of a deck in the case...and, once again, due to your "suggestion," they cannot get the remaining cards out of the case. Finally, you suggest that they will be able to remove all the cards but one. They do so...and are unable to remove the last card. This is called "Budge" by David Harkey.

How good is this one?
It seems like a killer effect, how come we haven't heard more about it?
Cheers
TJ
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
There is a nice one wherein the participant cannot get the deck of cards out of the case due to your "suggestion" that they won't budge. Then, you cancel the suggestion and let the participant take half the cards out. Then "re-hypnotize" and they can't get the remaining cards out of the case. You cancel the "trance" and let them take some more cards out, leaving only a quarter of a deck in the case...and, once again, due to your "suggestion," they cannot get the remaining cards out of the case. Finally, you suggest that they will be able to remove all the cards but one. They do so...and are unable to remove the last card. This is called "Budge" by David Harkey.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
[quote]On 2006-05-17 19:04, teejay wrote:
Quote:

Sorry about mess up with unfinished post
Can any body tell me if this is as good as it seems?
If so, how come we don't hear more about it?
TJ
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Because they'd want to keep it a secret if it's really that good, I'm guessing...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
I love Budge.

Good luck finding Simply Harkey.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

I have been using The Jumping Pulse from Bill Cushman with both individuals and groups. Sometimes I use it as a 'Set Piece' (term from RIP referring to what you should be doing when using pseudo hypno/waking hypno tests). I often just slide fom it straight into the induction.

There are loads that I was not aware of outlined in the wonderful book 'The Busch Factor'. This is a book by Busch on utilizing the ideomotor response to create mentalism. It is not wham bang hypnosis. It is all about taking something very small and using it to build a connection and create something bigger than the sum of it's parts. This is only available direct from Richard Busch. He has a fun figure of 8 leg test that works well with groups. Certainly it breaks the ice.

Also I have been incorporating playing cards into this element of my routine.
So ask them what card is heaviest then stick the ace of spades on their palm. Do a heavy arm. Again if you want to turn this into your induction just tell them when it hits their leg they will go in.

I often proceed this with my version of Budge.

This opens up a load of can do and cannot do effects. Like being able/not able to remove a pen lid. Mark Thorald sent me another gem about being able to/not able to lift a shot glass from a beermat.

Card drop - I learnt this of a wonderful audio by David Calof - one of Ericksons top students. You ask them to hold a card pinched between thumb and forefinger then ask them to think over and over 'I am going to drop this' - they don't they subconsciously panic and think 'it's not dropping' then you flip to them being unable to drop it and they are stuck. Hilarious.

I have been using this as an induction too by asking them to do the above with the card and then I instruct their other hand into handshake induction position in front of their face and do a magnetic head to hand while they try and ignore me and think 'I am going to drop this'. It works great.

There are a number of other pseudo tricks outlined in Paul Zenon - Hundred ways to win a Tenner including sticking someones foot to the floor, sticking them to a chair and sticking their hand to their head.

Don't forget the can lift/can't lift stunt.

My advice is choose pseudo routines that you can exacerbate with suggestion. This means they still have value for you in terms of the response you get from your subject. If possible use the moment created by the pseudo routine and turn it into an induction. You have all the time in the world to build up that expectation.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Ian Rowland demonstrated something I enjoyed very much at Blackpool 2008 (I think).

Hot and cold coin in hand routine. Normal coin. Spectator holds it throughout. It becomes first so hot they cannot bear holding it and then freezing to the same degree. When asked if it hurt they emphatically reply 'yes'.

Brilliant.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Great posts Ant...

Some nice ideas there...

Thanks...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
There's a new effect on the HP site called hypno glass, sounds interesting, anyone know anything about it?
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
And Anthony, how about putting a book together on all of these stunts, love to hear more about the shot glass and beer mat by Mark Thorald
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-02-27 07:36, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
I have been using The Jumping Pulse from Bill Cushman with both individuals and groups. Sometimes I use it as a 'Set Piece' (term from RIP referring to what you should be doing when using pseudo hypno/waking hypno tests). I often just slide fom it straight into the induction.

There are loads that I was not aware of outlined in the wonderful book 'The Busch Factor'. This is a book by Busch on utilizing the ideomotor response to create mentalism. It is not wham bang hypnosis. It is all about taking something very small and using it to build a connection and create something bigger than the sum of it's parts. This is only available direct from Richard Busch. He has a fun figure of 8 leg test that works well with groups. Certainly it breaks the ice.

Also I have been incorporating playing cards into this element of my routine.
So ask them what card is heaviest then stick the ace of spades on their palm. Do a heavy arm. Again if you want to turn this into your induction just tell them when it hits their leg they will go in.

I often proceed this with my version of Budge.

This opens up a load of can do and cannot do effects. Like being able/not able to remove a pen lid. Mark Thorald sent me another gem about being able to/not able to lift a shot glass from a beermat.

Card drop - I learnt this of a wonderful audio by David Calof - one of Ericksons top students. You ask them to hold a card pinched between thumb and forefinger then ask them to think over and over 'I am going to drop this' - they don't they subconsciously panic and think 'it's not dropping' then you flip to them being unable to drop it and they are stuck. Hilarious.

I have been using this as an induction too by asking them to do the above with the card and then I instruct their other hand into handshake induction position in front of their face and do a magnetic head to hand while they try and ignore me and think 'I am going to drop this'. It works great.

There are a number of other pseudo tricks outlined in Paul Zenon - Hundred ways to win a Tenner including sticking someones foot to the floor, sticking them to a chair and sticking their hand to their head.

Don't forget the can lift/can't lift stunt.

My advice is choose pseudo routines that you can exacerbate with suggestion. This means they still have value for you in terms of the response you get from your subject. If possible use the moment created by the pseudo routine and turn it into an induction. You have all the time in the world to build up that expectation.

Anthony

Excellent Anthony, thanks.

Candin
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I received Hypno Glass yesterday so obviously I haven`t had the chance to play with it that much but I think it is a BRILLIANT idea and I am sure that it will play amazingly well. Such a genius method. I am happy I purchased it.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Interesting. Good to see ideas to use with or without actual inductions.

Candin
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-02-27 07:36, Anthony Jacquin wrote:

Anthony

I reread this and from my limiting learning, you are keeping the concious mind occupied with "Im not dropping" allowing open season on the subconcious mind for hypnosis. Ingenious and you have entertainment and "outs" just in case.

Candin
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Hi Candin,

Calof described it as 'subconscious panic'. They are instructed to think 'I am going to drop this'. After a few times they really start to think 'It's not dropping'. You work with this knowledge of their inner panic.

I made the mistke of doing this with someone who was hypnotised in a performance last week. Of course they did drop it Smile This is very much a waking hypno exercise if you want it stuck.

A performer has written up his version of it, with full credit to Calof of course, in Reality is Plastic - Proper Mental 3 that will be with you very soon.

On a similar note Richard Busch does a pencil stuck to the hand in his book The Busch Factor. I recently reviewed this book in 'Penny...' forum.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Psudo-hypnosis stunts (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL