The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ball Manipulation DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Lukas
View Profile
Regular user
Plymouth, UK
169 Posts

Profile of Lukas
I would like to start ball manipulation and was woundering what DVD is worth getting.

Thanks, Lukas
Make the difficult look easy, and the easy beautiful.

President and Minutes Secretery of the Plymouth Magic Circle

www.topsecretmagic.co.uk
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Tim Wright's DVD is a great starter.
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Billiad ball

The Jeff McBride trilogy on Balls thimbles and coins is great.

Pity he didn't put all the ball stuff on one dvd but get the first one

and then hunt for some fakini balls- If you really want some fakini balls then PM me and I can send you to a guy who has 2 sets- he is going to ebay them but if you get in quick he may be able to let them go
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Tim Wrights Video is good and so is McBrides.

McBrides video covers much more then just the multiplying aspect.
It covers many more sleights and flourishes.
Juniper587
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Juniper587
Hi,

Obviously I believe that all the McBride DVD's are great but I believe that you mustnt overlook books these are such a great resourse which are being overlooked now. I may be young but most of the things that I have learnt I've learnt from books they're just great. If you need any more info just post and ask. I'll be more than willing to try and give you a hand

Sam
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1221 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Samr, you may be young, but you're already wise to the ways of magic. I think books are the way to go, with DVD's as a snice supplement...Ganson's Routined Manipulation has nice stuff, and of course if you've got a Tarbell set yet...
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
I bought Tim Wright's video and it was really good, Try it.

Peace
David
Peace
David Boyd

www.myspace.com/harlemmagic
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
Books are good, DVD's are much better if you are just getting started. Books can't show you what something should look like when it's done, I would recommend them after you have worked on the basic for awhile. McBrides World Class Manipulation videos are excellent, also you may consider the Jerry Andrus Lifetime of Magic series. He has a wonderfully unique way of looking at the world, he is like 400 years old, always looks angry, but has a great approach to magic that everyone should see. He does do a few effects with balls, and I think they are mostly on the demos for each volume:

Vol. 1: Mylar Mystery and Zone Zero
Vol. 2: Accupressure
Vol. 3: Temporary Oblivion

I think you see all of these in the demo videos, it is just a different approach from your standard manipulations that a lot of people do.

http://mymagic.com/andrus.htm

Matt Monte
Aim To Amaze
Juniper587
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Juniper587
Thank you mcharisse,

Yeah at the moment I'm studying all that I can on Billiard balls and other manipulations. I've got all the Tarbells, All the Routined Manipulations, Edward Victors magic of the hands trilogy, my favourite the magic of Alan Wakeling and pretty much any book or DVD to do with manipulation I can get my hands on. Oh I just thought of something else if you can, subscribe to the Chavez course in magic that's what I'm doing at the moment it really helps with learning an motivation.

Sam
eshdath
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of eshdath
Quote:
On 2007-01-29 13:42, samr1990 wrote:
Hi,

Obviously I believe that all the McBride DVD's are great but I believe that you mustnt overlook books these are such a great resourse which are being overlooked now. I may be young but most of the things that I have learnt I've learnt from books they're just great. If you need any more info just post and ask. I'll be more than willing to try and give you a hand

Sam

I 2nd that;I have an old copy of a book by Burling Hull on billiards and 14 years after purchasing it ,I still referance to it.
Zion speaks......are you listening?
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Good call, eshdath. Burling Hull books are nice.

FC
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I do not know the best one. But I do know McBride's is great.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13415 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have McBride's and tim wright's.

McBrides is more broad and tim's is more in depth on his own routine.

neither struck me as that great a year or so ago.
I watched tim's again and now I love it.
There's something on that DVD that is splendid but I totally missed it the first time through.

McBrides covers more ground such as color changes, etc.

They are both good. Wright's will get you going with a routine for sure.

Lastly, people also mentioned the bill tarr book "now your see it, now you don't".

there's a nice short routine in there. a short routine for someone just starting is key.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
Spherical Sorcery by Maurice Rooklyn
Benson by Starlight by Levent and Karr
It's Easier Than you Think by Geoffery Buckingham
Magic Of Alan Wakeling by Steinmeyer
Multiplying billiard balls by Frank Garcia
Principles and Deceptions by Arthur Buckley
World Class Manipulation DVDs by Jeff McMime
and last but not least get a wooden set of billiards of no less than 2 inches in diameter. Anything smaller and well... in reality you may as well be doing close-up
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
Well There are many DVD's and VHS about the Ball Manipulation.
You just nead to search.
I have McBrides he is cool.
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
Yeh dvds are great for learnin when your just startin out, that's for sure.

but they're not as exstensive as books. another great thing about books is they hold huge bodies of little jewels that most people don't know about cuz their afraid to try and tackle learning out of a book.

dvds can some times become a fad thing and create a lot of clones....which some times makes it hard to perform for the few hecklers who frequent their local magic shop and have bought the Ammar series.

a lot of newer magicians ask me where I got this move or that move and I tell em out of a book and they get a little intimidated by that learning process and hafta ask me to show them how.

the set back for me with books is I don't know what it looks like...funny thing I just started watching myself on vid and I finally got to see what some of this stuff looks like.

any way, to stay on topic I'd say that romain vid was pretty exstensive on balls[and other stuff too]. books...tarbell and bill tars "now you see it now you don't" for some begnner stuff [big clear illustrations.my friend mike gifford does some amazing stuff w/balls[3/4 of his show]and he said he learned from that one.

please don't get me wrong where would we be without people like Ammar and their vids.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13415 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I just started learning the 5 ball (no sh***) routine from harry riser's book "the feints and temps of harry riser".

it's a fantastic routine. no angle problems.

he also has a sh*** routine in the book as well but I've not read that one.

Since I already have Tim Wright's routine which does use a sh***,
I was more interested in learning a different routine with just balls.

This could lead to some creative impromptu routines with anything really..
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
I could add Kaufman's Lessons in Sidearm Snookery, Shimada's videos, Ganson's Routined Manipulation, Buckingham's DVD, and there is a basic routine on Steven's Magic's video called "The Magic of Canada" - oh, and don't forget Charlie Frye Eccentricks volume 1.

FC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ball Manipulation DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL