The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Card Video by Jerry Sadowitz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
269 Posts

Profile of danny
Is "Card Magic Made Easy" by Sadowitz for total beginners? With self working tricks is it worth getting if you are an intermediate leveled magician?
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
I'm not familiar with this: it doesn't sound like a Sadowitz title. He's unlikely to bring out a tape (or book) for beginners; but anything by him will be good. He's highly creative (and skilled).
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
Leeo
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
99 Posts

Profile of Leeo
This is a video Jerry Sadowitz brought out some years ago. Unfortunately I have not seen it, but I would agree that it is likely to be good.
Axman
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of Axman
I have "selected secrets" By Jerry Sadowitz.
Its very low budget but the magic is superb.
I think Jerry has some of the best hands In the world.
His skills can be very frightening.
Doogie
View Profile
New user
USA
52 Posts

Profile of Doogie
He's a nice guy too! He hangs at International Magic in London on Saturdays.
Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
I've got that video. Most of the effects centre around the glimpse and are usually self working.

There is a couple of Bob Hummer tricks that are interesting. It's quite funny to watch, not because it's meant to be, but because Jerry is playing the perfect gentleman the whole way through. And you can see he's quite bored with the routines as he never gets to "bust a move".

It's most definately geared towards the absolute beginner, he does tip a number of books which he thinks are really good. Complete Walton, Dai Vernons Inner secrets, royal road, etc.

Worth getting for the "rarety" value. Oh and you get a free deck of cards with it aswell Smile

Best

Euan
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
You should try and get a copy of 'The Crimp' by Jerry it is a little under ground magic magazine by him and a few other guys great card stuff. I gave a copy to David Blaine, Jerry hates David and insults him about 5 times an issue.
The next time I saw Blaine he said (slow voice) "I dooooon't think Jerry likes me very muuuuuch"
Smile
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
I'm still trying to track down The Backwards Card Trick by Sadowitz. I know it's in Cards On The Table or Under The Table or that book that has been mentioned before.

Has anybody come across it or an improved/alternate version that Sadowitz has done in later volumes as he sometimes does?

Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Card Video by Jerry Sadowitz (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL