The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » ESP cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
Ok the last post on wher to buy the Rine ESP cards is over a year old. I bourght some from a local magic shop which are secretly marked, and did not come in a box. and basically I am not very happy with them. but I havn't been abvle to find anywhere that sells the Rine ESp cards in the US. These are the ones that are used on the Max maven dvd set etc that come in a box.

can anyone help?
regards
steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
I am not sure about the actual official Rhine Cards, but I would definitely check out Beyond ESP2 cards - an indetectable marking system, bicycle made, black backs, excellent box, and some superb routines.

Can't go wrong.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Do most online magic shop supply these?

regards

steve
-Tony Iacoviello
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
I believe so - they are pretty easy to find (sorry for no link, but I am in the UK, so don't eally shop in the US)

Si
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Blackwood
View Profile
Special user
Mind-Play
528 Posts

Profile of Blackwood
Steve,

I've been hunting ESP cards for awhile (I want a larger-than-playing-card set.) Here's some of what I've learned.

You seem to have the standard ESP deck (with the stars on the back, right?) They used to come in a box but now do not. (Don't know about Max Maven, but Richard Osterlind uses them on his videos and has the box.)

Playing card size and jumbo size ESP decks can also be ordered pretty easily with Bicycle backs. You can get all-black symbols (faces) or with the symbols in different colors. Personally, I think having playing card backs kind of suggests "card trick," so even though I have a set, I don't use them.

There are some other sets out there - El Duco and others - but these are hard/impossible to find.

If playing card size is suitable for your act (in other words, close-up or small parlor) then, yes, the Beyond ESP 2 set is a very nice set (as Simon Says.) One deck of red backed, one deck of black backed, in a nice "ESP Lab" looking box.

Most all the big online magic sites carry them.

Boyd
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

That's great many thanks.
I had emailed the rine instuite and apparently you can buy them on there but they appear not to come in a box. I know it sounds shallow, but I feel in a legitamte box make them look less lickly to be a 'trick' and I also agree I wouldn't want a playing card back set either.

that's for your replys

I will be ordering the ESP2 set

kind regards

steve
-Tony Iacoviello
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
Yes, they do. Just google it.
http://www.google.com/search?q=Beyond+ESP2
skullmaster
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of skullmaster
The first set I bought came in a plastic packet, so I made my own box. This was also after watching Max Maven.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Do this: Print the symbols on 8.5 x 11 paper on 24 lb stock. Bring them to your favorite office store and have them laminated.

Oh, and make sure they do the heavy lamination.

John
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

GusVanNostrum

thanks for the link, I had been googling it just as esp and not getting very far

Many thanks

steve
-Tony Iacoviello
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
For interesting effects with ESP cards look at Mind Novas, by Minch, and also an entire chapter in my Black School.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Alexandre, can you explain a little more about your black book? I'd love to know some more about the routines in there.

Thanks,

Si
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » ESP cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL