The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Nostrum Newspaper Test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
I was wondering if someone could post a review on this effect? Thanks Smile
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
340 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
My personal prediction is at least one anti-Docc-post in this thread, probably two.
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Jheff reviews it here.
http://www.jheff.com/Nostrum_Necromancy.html

Later,
Gavin
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Thanks Gavin for the link .... great review! Is this method different from Eye Candy?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2005-11-01 16:21, joshzandman wrote:
Thanks Gavin for the link .... great review! Is this method different from Eye Candy?

It's impromptu... done with any paper they have at the moment.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Thank Greg - I think I will buy it .... I read so many mixed reviews on Docc's effects - I hope I have a positive one!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2005-11-02 17:55, joshzandman wrote:
Thank Greg - I think I will buy it .... I read so many mixed reviews on Docc's effects - I hope I have a positive one!

He has three effects in this pamphlet... the first one, which is impromptu, I believe is the best and very well constructed.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1342 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Yeah yeah -- mindreading, great, whatever. But the ad says I will be able to point to any beautiful woman and make her my hypnotic love slave. How well does THAT one work?

(Personally -- heh heh! -- I already have plenty of gorgeous hypnotic love slaves, I mean TONS of 'em, so I'm not asking for my own benefit, you understand. I simply ask on behalf of my less fortunate brethren...)

Seth
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On 2005-11-01 09:24, GusVanNostrum wrote:
My personal prediction is at least one anti-Docc-post in this thread, probably two.

I predicted that you would predict that.

I also predicted that you would predict that I would predict that you would predict that.

And so on . . .
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
LOL!
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
395 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Quote:
On 2005-11-01 16:21, joshzandman wrote:
Is this method different from Eye Candy?

Oh, yes. Quite different. Besides the methodology, Eye Candy has the advantage that you really don't have to touch the magazine page at all. NN requires some very subtle handling by the performer but the participant/audience really won't remember you handling the papers at all. Also, NN is completely impromptu and can be done with any newspaper. Eye Candy requires a special something in order to do it.

-- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind THE LAZY MENTALIST'S CARD TRICK is now available!!
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
You guys rock - thanks! Ted Karmilovich taught me such a great newspaper test years ago, I can't explain it because it will probably be in his new book. Simple and beautiful - I do it all the time. Ted is the man! Brilliant mind.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
I did not find Cellular Mitosis so "new" as claimed (and while the effect is potentially strong I did not like so much the whole routine anyway) but I really like the bold and easy approach Docc has taken for his Nostrum Newspaper test. It really is an anytime, anywhere effect.
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
I just got Docc's test and I like it .... very simple and effective. You can use the method for lots of other ideas.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Nostrum Newspaper Test (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL