The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » English penny question? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
A buddy of mine bought a Johnson Copper/Silver half but he forgot to get a regular copper english penny to match. Magic ware house doesn't have one. The one they have is the magnetic one. Is there anywhere else he could get this so it matches his Johnson C/S set? He is on the Café as well as Gadet... Any help would be great.
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
You should be able to walk into ANY coin shop in the area (in the U.S.) and get one. That's where I get them... and you should be able to pick them up for like a dime. If he can't then let me know, I'll shine one up and toss it in an envelope and send it to you.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
That sounds a lot better being that we are both in Iceland. Gadget19 is his name here but I can get the addy for you.
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Last I knew...a regular copper coin came with the c/s gaff.

Mike
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
It didn't with his.
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Quote:
On 2005-11-01 13:11, paisa23 wrote:
It didn't with his.

Your friend should contact the dealer he purchased it from to be certain.

Mike
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well it was Magicwarehouse.com they are usually pretty good but he told me that all that came was the one coin. Ill tell him to call. But still if they don't have them separete for sale that might be the reason why he didn't get one.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-11-01 14:23, paisa23 wrote:
Well it was Magicwarehouse.com they are usually pretty good but he told me that all that came was the one coin. Ill tell him to call. But still if they don't have them separete for sale that might be the reason why he didn't get one.

I got one from them as well and mine came with a regular coin.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Huh I guess it happens..
gadget19
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
31 Posts

Profile of gadget19
I'm going to try and give them a call to see why I did not get the English Penny, I purchased the C/S along with the slow burn DVD and all that was in the box was the C/S and the DVD. Thanks for the help though fellas!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13405 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
If you can't find an English Penny up in Iceland, let me know and I'll send you one.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
magicmanr
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of magicmanr
If you know of any coin dealers/collectors, they usually throw them in a 'worthless junk' pile......I collected many of these, as well as many silver worn half dollars, for almost nothing a few times (and we LOVE those soft coins!)
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
What's the date on the one needed? And an address to send to if I have one.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
Pete, if I remember correctly they put the Queens head on it so you don't need a specific date.
BobGreaves
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
152 Posts

Profile of BobGreaves
I bought a roll of 20 for £0.50 on eBay. If you look under the Coins section there is an area that deals with bulk.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » English penny question? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL