The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Halloween Bargains! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I found some nice 'things' at Spencer's Saturday for 75% off.
Mister Mystery
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Hmmm. I didn't find anything worthwhile at the Spencer's near me, but before Halloween I found one of those fake flame things for $10.00. Now they are back to $30.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Bill,

Your idea of worthwhile may be different than mine. I ran a haunted house for 7 years and accumulated a bunch of props during that time. Now my house is turned into a haunted house each October and the kiddies have come to expect it. I try to make it better and expand a little each year, so I am always on the lookout for Halloween bargains.

This year at Spencer's I found some realistic looking tombstones for my ever-expanding graveyard and a few other 'things' I can use at a 75% discount. The day after Halloween I also got a few items at K Mart, Walmart, and a Halloween specialty store in the mall at 50% off.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
It depends on geographic location too. The Spencer's nearest me didn't have squat diddly, but they said that a sister store in another mall in another town had lots of stuff left over. I just didn't have the time to go all the way out there.

I want more of those pressure mats ! I now have (yet another) hack project in mind, where I cut the mat down to about 11/2" x 2" and make a toe switch out of it, one that you can insert into your shoe and use to trigger certain things, such as Flash Burst/FISM Flash, or anything electronic ,basically.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Quote:
On 2005-11-07 10:56, Regan wrote:
Bill,

Your idea of worthwhile may be different than mine. I ran a haunted house for 7 years and accumulated a bunch of props during that time. Now my house is turned into a haunted house each October and the kiddies have come to expect it. I try to make it better and expand a little each year, so I am always on the lookout for Halloween bargains.

This year at Spencer's I found some realistic looking tombstones for my ever-expanding graveyard and a few other 'things' I can use at a 75% discount. The day after Halloween I also got a few items at K Mart, Walmart, and a Halloween specialty store in the mall at 50% off.

Regan

Yes, of course you are right. I did pass over things others might find useful. I really didn't mean to say the things I saw were worthless, but that I couldn't use them. I don't do a haunted house. It's hard enough to get my wife involved in Halloween, anyway!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I thought that's what you meant. I assumed that you may have been looking for items you could use in a magical way. I am always on the lookout for those items too, but I didn't find any either. I know exactly what you mean about the wife!
Mister Mystery
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
I missed out! I was so burned out after Halloween, that I didn't go looking for a couple of days. The Spirit store (Spencer's Halloween super-store) was gone when I got there. Last year I ended up with some good bargains. All is not lost, however. At least here, I have noticed that much of the non-sold inventory ends up in stores like Goodwill in about January. So I just have to wait and pounce when the time is right...

Dave
mrmysticmike
View Profile
Elite user
Cleveland, Ohio
427 Posts

Profile of mrmysticmike
A Gargoyle on a coffin (sound activated) that speaks and flaps its wings while its red eyes blink. ($3.25)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Halloween Bargains! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL