The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » How long does salt pour go for (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
James Riser makes a very nice salt gimmick that is less expensive than many. Only catch is you have to catch him when he's turning out a batch. With stage lighting, adding fine glitter to the salt makes a nice effect.
jeffhobson
View Profile
V.I.P.
237 Posts

Profile of jeffhobson
I have used the salt pour for many performances. It's always a crowd-pleaser. As Richard Hughes as mentioned, I have given my workings and routine for my version of the trick in this month's Linking Ring. It's been audience tested and really fools 'em. There are some suggestions for the salt that are given above which I have heard of but not actually used i.e., the talcum power and glitter. I would caution, however, that the use of these additions could clog the pour or at the least make it messier than it already is. I actually have an ending (or two) for the routine which I have not tipped yet. One day I will. Have fun if you try it. . . .it's really one of my favorite tricks of all time.
The Hilarious Host of Las Vegas!
VISIT my magic shop: www.HobsonsChoiceMagic.com
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Thanks all

I have just put a topit in my tail coat and am working on the clean up at the end

so It will be ready soon

cheers
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Kaps used a Paul Fox gimmick. Ditched in his tails. He varied the steal with the fingertip and the thumb grip.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
jeffhobson
View Profile
V.I.P.
237 Posts

Profile of jeffhobson
By the way. . . . . .everyone, I mean EVERYONE should head all words by Pete Biro. He's one of the lessor-lauded, "been-there-done-that" experts in our great field of magic. Thanks Pete, for your continued support on this site!

Siincerely,

Jeff Hobson
The Hilarious Host of Las Vegas!
VISIT my magic shop: www.HobsonsChoiceMagic.com
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Jeff,

Your Hocus Pocus Parade in this month's Linking Ring is one of the best I have ever seen. I found three things I can use in my act. Thank You.

David Williams
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7350 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Right on the money. Great parade Jeff. Now if you could just work some flowers into the act....... Thanks for sharing the good stuff. I felt like I was reading Karrell all over again. Good thinking.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
R_B_C
View Profile
New user
Fort Worth, Texas
65 Posts

Profile of R_B_C
I use a Presley Guitar gimmick I have had for years, not having a topit when I used to perform the effect, I just ditched it by grabbing a silk out of my breast pocket and feigned wiping the salt off of my hands with it. Easy ditch, and tons of cover
R_B_C
"If you can't convince them, confuse them." -Harry S. Truman
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7350 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
RBC...Ditto for me. Why make things difficult?

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Actually The hardest thing about the tail topit is putting the dam thing in---but it's easy to ditch

I use the Fitopit available from ??? bazaar de magica-- I put it inside out and put it in my back and safty pin it in----It works great and while I don't use it to vanish the gimik- (as the spectator shouldn't know of it's existance) I do get a clean ending---now I just gotta get the salt pouring out right

pouring straight out it's about 90 seconds with normal table salt so I'd like to get it up to about 120 seconds- so I'll go for the popcorn salt and a few little stops and starts in the music so when the music stops--- it stops and then the music kicks back in and then the salt comes back out--- with a very dispointed look on my face
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21978 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I recommend the James P. Riser gimmick also, if he has any left. You can order in black or flesh tone. It is only $75 and will do the job nicely.

If not the other choice is to convert an ear syringe, but the hard part is the color, they come in blue and white and this material is hard to re-color. This is made like the ball that comes with insta-salt by Vernet.

You can also put a thimble in the side of the ball to steal with the finger if you desire.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Where do I get a James P. Riser gimik from???
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21978 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
http://www.jamesriser.com

The site is a weath of information. Enjoy!
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
magicmike96
View Profile
New user
PLAINFIELD, IL
98 Posts

Profile of magicmike96
I have seen the adds for the kozak ..i didn't read the description because it didn't look that interesting and the price was a little steep..but if I may ask what is the routine you do with it..what is the point? magic mike
( /) what if the
(0.o) hokey pokey
(><) really IS what its all about?!
/_[_
feel free to pm me. MIKE Smile
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Essentially in a nut shell

You are going to make salt vanish

you do so and then you make it reappear

now at this point lots more salt comes out lots more than you vanished.

there it is in a nut shell

now to become Darth David--instead of asking us what it is why don't you read the product description next time or post it in your own post
magicmike96
View Profile
New user
PLAINFIELD, IL
98 Posts

Profile of magicmike96
Well I am sorry! I didn't want to be the bad guy I just wanted to know. I just wont post anymore ?'s then. but thanks for the help anyway. mike
( /) what if the
(0.o) hokey pokey
(><) really IS what its all about?!
/_[_
feel free to pm me. MIKE Smile
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7350 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Mike,
Don't worry about asking questions but you have do some work on your own. This forum is not to spoon feed answers. It is to help those who are doing some research on their own and directing them to right direction.

Do you your homework and then ask your questions.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Nill
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Nill
Back to the clean up business after the trick, there is a thing in the market called Blackhole, I'm using to ditch other stuff but I'm sure it would be very useful for the salt pour gimmick. Just a thought
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

I have never heard of the Black Hole
hmmm I'll have to do a search on it

Thanks Nill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » How long does salt pour go for (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL